PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] konqueror, want small icons

klas_katt
November 18th, 2008, 02:33 PM
I tried to change icons settings in System Settings > Appearance > Icons > Advanced. I went into Desktop/File Manager and changed the settings (color) for the active icons. I later tried to revert to default, but:
Now I cannot use (small icons view in) multicolumn-, detailed list-, info list-, tree- views in Konqueror. It's just those huge unusuable icons. I want them about the same size as the text, as was the default. Like in text view.

What does "Disabled" icons mean? Can I set a different color or effect for dot-files?

Another question I have put several times:
Where are file associations stored? I know I can change them in konqueror, but I want the file for backup, new users and perhaps upgrades.

Cammy
November 18th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Have you tried going into kcontrol and changing the icon size in there?

Even though I run gnome, I do have a few KDE apps, so I installed kcontrol, and it allowed me to change the default appearance of all my KDE apps.

klas_katt
November 21st, 2008, 05:46 PM
Please, please, please with sugar on top; don't post if you don't know. Someone will think this post is answered.

I already have kcontrol and the "system settings" in kde does the same things.

I do NOT! want to change the overall size for icons. There are atleast six different icon sizes availiable in the settings at the moment.
Desktop/File manager Toolbar Main Toolbar Small Icons Panel All Icons

I just cannot have them changed in konqueror as I posted. Konqueror just uses some default desktop size. I want it to use the "small icons" (16 pixels) setting in the views I mentioned.

Is there a settings file I can purge in ~/.kde ?