PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest dream you had

evilkastel
November 18th, 2008, 01:34 AM
Ok, i needed to tell this and I encourage people to do the same ;).
Yesterday, I dreamed I had developed a chemical phial, with citoplasm properties, for biocomputers. The money i won, was spent in "donations" to every major software and hardware company, in order to make them suport fully GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Solaris, etc. xD.... is easy to dream haha.

Grant A.
November 18th, 2008, 01:40 AM
That I was programmed in Java, and crashed every time I got near a 64-bit Linux System.

cardinals_fan
November 18th, 2008, 02:07 AM
Computer related: I dreamed that I wrote a shell script that somehow caused my monitor to explode in flames. I don't remember anything else.

Overall weirdest: I dreamed that I was a pancake being grilled.

elmer_42
November 18th, 2008, 02:39 AM
I dreamed that I wrote a shell script that somehow caused my monitor to explode in flames.
That, my friend, is going to be turned into a viral internet video...

Oh, and why does Firefox not count "internet" to be a word?

cardinals_fan
November 18th, 2008, 03:08 AM
Oh, and why does Firefox not count "internet" to be a word?
It doesn't like interwebs either... :)

gletob
November 18th, 2008, 03:40 AM
I dreamed I was in a foregin country with a evil dictator and the army wanted our house for a base or something so they let us go but I got a timer and plugged in a chopped off cord to it and set it for like an hour and we left. The End.

=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>

EDIT: TBOL3's dream made me remember this freaky dream I had a few years ago. I was tied up in a space ship and some radioactive fluid leaked on to a rolling chair and the chair was going to eat me then I woke up

TBOL3
November 18th, 2008, 03:49 AM
Well, back when I was using windows, and was still using my family's computer, I had a dream that I got the computer so filed with viruses, that it wouldn't even boot. I spent hours (which was literally 30 mins. in dream time), trying to fix the problem. But I had no luck. When I woke up, I thought DUH!!! I could just boot into it externally, save any data, and just reload the OS. But I did have the dream after I had found out that I had a tone of viruses on my computer. (I was young and ignorant, those free apps were 'cool').

I had a similar dream about 1 month after I started using ubuntu. I let a person, who was really a satellite dish, sit at my computer for 10 seconds, and he had complete control of not only my computer, but my house.

About a year ago, I was dreaming that I couldn't get my computer to shutdown. I eventually gave up an went to brush my teeth, and go to bed. I was all ready, and I started slowing down, you know how it is in dreams, you just can't move. I started yelling for help. All of the sudden, the computer started yelling at me, applications were opening and closing at random. It was horrible. I woke up about 2 seconds later, and RAN! out of the room (the dream took place in the room I was in at the moment), and didn't sleep much more that night.

On a flip side, I have had many dreams where I 'get' new pieces of technology, and those are wonderful. But I never seem to be able to use them, before I wake up.

gletob
November 18th, 2008, 03:59 AM
Well, back when I was using windows, and was still using my family's computer, I had a dream that I got the computer so filed with viruses, that it wouldn't even boot. I spent hours (which was literally 30 mins. in dream time), trying to fix the problem. But I had no luck. When I woke up, I thought DUH!!! I could just boot into it externally, save any data, and just reload the OS. But I did have the dream after I had found out that I had a tone of viruses on my computer. (I was young and ignorant, those free apps were 'cool').

I had a similar dream about 1 month after I started using ubuntu. I let a person, who was really a satellite dish, sit at my computer for 10 seconds, and he had complete control of not only my computer, but my house.

About a year ago, I was dreaming that I couldn't get my computer to shutdown. I eventually gave up an went to brush my teeth, and go to bed. I was all ready, and I started slowing down, you know how it is in dreams, you just can't move. I started yelling for help. All of the sudden, the computer started yelling at me, applications were opening and closing at random. It was horrible. I woke up about 2 seconds later, and RAN! out of the room (the dream took place in the room I was in at the moment), and didn't sleep much more that night.

On a flip side, I have had many dreams where I 'get' new pieces of technology, and those are wonderful. But I never seem to be able to use them, before I wake up.

The new tech dreams are awesome Saturday I dreamed I got one of those HP Touchsmarts and FIOS 50 Mbps internet

kevin11951
November 18th, 2008, 04:05 AM
i have had quite a few really bad dreams, all of which ended in my death... so...

damis648
November 18th, 2008, 04:07 AM
Computer related: I dreamed that I wrote a shell script that somehow caused my monitor to explode in flames. I don't remember anything else.

I suppose if you had a really old monitor (and I mean OLD) and you wrote this script to modify xorg.conf to set the monitor at some ridiculous resolution and color depth and restart X, the monitor would probably smoke and die. Old monitors used to not be protected, like today's are for incorrect resolutions, so an incorrect xorg.conf could cause the monitor to smoke.

EDIT: Completely forgot my weirdest dream... I have had so many... probably the weirdest was in 7th grade, when I dreamed that my class was going on like a month-long trip somewhere totally random, and we were going in a huge round spaceship (typical, I know :-) ). On the way there, some weird stuff happened. One of the people on my class had a stock ticker installed in his stomach, and, well, that was kinda interesting. Everybody was very impressed... odd. Then, my friend took out his computer from his backpack and said he bought the coolest thing... and then he takes out TurboTax and kept ravong about how cool it was. Then a bunch of people gathered around as we started using it and everyone thought it was really cool. Needless to say, I had a hard time sleeping after that. :lolflag:

Dr Small
November 18th, 2008, 04:18 AM
I don't dream dreams, I live dreams. (No, I'm not out there, either :p). I actually sleep-walk, and have had some pretty weird dreams while sleep walking.

Xzallion
November 18th, 2008, 04:37 AM
My weird dreams aren't appropriate for this forum.

TBOL3
November 18th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Turbo Tax, does that mean taxes in space? :(

"The USS Enterprise's Replicator won't work until you pay the federation 53% of your wages."

-grubby
November 18th, 2008, 04:40 AM
I was being chased by a giant pie, but then it turned into a giant chicken.

handy
November 18th, 2008, 06:10 AM
I had this dream, where all of a sudden, I find myself as an individual in a strange body, on a magnificently beautiful planet, surrounded by myriad forms of life all interrelated through countless systems of varying complexity, situated in a universe so large as to be beyond my comprehension.

There were many others like myself, presenting a great variety in their form & multi-leveled content, which I found to be very interesting.

I made friends with some of them, & made a partnership with one of the opposite sex, & had children that live in the same dream landscape.

Then I woke up.

Finding myself back where I always am; the infinite dynamic consciousness behind all dreams.

kevin11951
November 18th, 2008, 06:28 AM
I had this dream, where all of a sudden, I find myself as an individual in a strange body, on a magnificently beautiful planet, surrounded by myriad forms of life all interrelated through countless systems of varying complexity, situated in a universe so large as to be beyond my comprehension.

There were many others like myself, presenting a great variety in their form & multi-leveled content, which I found to be very interesting.

I made friends with some of them, & made a partnership with one of the opposite sex, & had children that live in the same dream landscape.

Then I woke up.

Finding myself back where I always am; the infinite dynamic consciousness behind all dreams.

that was beautiful and disturbing all at the same time... does it reoccur, or just the one time?

handy
November 18th, 2008, 08:23 AM
that was beautiful and disturbing all at the same time... does it reoccur, or just the one time?

I experience it a countless number of times in different forms, through a countless number of different universes.

cammin
November 18th, 2008, 08:37 AM
I once had a dream where I realized I was dreaming. I used the lucid part of the dream to ask someone, "This is a dream, right?"
That person replied, "No"
And I took their word for it and went back to whatever I was doing in the dream.

But the strangest dream I had was this one...

I was in a line with a lot of other people in this stadium sized room. The room was divided up into one large zig-zagging line like the line at a bank. Everyone was wearing the same style of drab white shirt and pajama pants and the place seemed like some sort of institution.
Trying to figure out why we were in line, I start asking around. Nobody seems to know, at first. By the time I have reached the end of the line, it's discovered that we're all test subjects for this experimental drug. It's also revealed that this drug seems to end up making you go insane. (I have no idea why this drug had reached the human testing stage.)

By that time it's too late, and I'm strapped down to the table and injected with this green substance.
As the people doing the test start to mention that the drug is taking effect......

I wake up.

That is definitely a strange way to start your morning.

ice60
November 18th, 2008, 09:14 AM
i dreamt there was a drug that was interconnected with having sex and it was the best experience i've ever had lol, it was unbelievable. my circumstances at the time were a bit off-the-wall, and i wonder if that had something to do with the way i felt during the dream?

i sleepwalk too and one time when my mum was away i must have sleepwalked because at the end of the week i was tidying up before my mum came back and went to empty the bin in the kitchen. the bag seemed full of 'water' then i realised i must have thought it was a toilet in a dream :D

frankleeee
November 18th, 2008, 09:44 AM

Then I woke up.

I'm not really into dream analysis but that sounds rather archetypal. ;)

gn2
November 18th, 2008, 12:55 PM
I once dreamt I walked into PC World and all the display computers were running Ubuntu.

chucky chuckaluck
November 18th, 2008, 01:21 PM
early this morning, i dreamed some guy was beating some little kid to death. i kept backing the dream up and trying different ways to stop him (i woke up in the middle of using a hammer on the back of his head). the worst thing was that the dream seemed to be really happening. the only time i have ever backed up a dream before was about ten years ago when i dreamed one of my cats had gotten bitten by a snake. i backed up the dream just in time to get the snake before it bit her.

handy
November 18th, 2008, 01:22 PM
I'm not really into dream analysis but that sounds rather archetypal. ;)

:lolflag:

billgoldberg
November 18th, 2008, 03:35 PM
My dreams aren't SFW.

Stenrad
November 18th, 2008, 03:52 PM
I once dreamed that I couldn`t view the next dream until I had updated my Dream Browser.

Another time (I think I had just got my NVidia 7600gt) I dreamed that my dream had fantastic 3d graphics!

My mind works in weird ways........

gnuvistawouldbecool
November 18th, 2008, 04:20 PM
I once dreamed that me and a load of other people were watching a river of lava coming down a steep sided volcano (imagine, exactly like the end of the third Lord of the Rings film), and then the lava started to overflow to our "safe" spot. Then everyone started running away (well, obviously) and I could actually feel the heat from it (I don't often feel stuff in my dreams, but I do on occasion *), and I thought "If only we weren't here" at which point I realised I was dreaming and as such rewound time such that when the dream got to the point when everything started to go wrong, we were watching it happen from a distant ridge.

* I assume it wasn't just that I was warm in bed, as at the time I was in the Lake District, in a tent on a night that was windy enough to cause several nearby tents to collapse and an ex Army tent to be picked up from the ground and carry someone into the air.

Never had any interesting dreams o do with computers though.

insane_alien
November 18th, 2008, 04:36 PM
last night i had a dream that i got my best friend pregnant and it was so realistic that when i went into uni this morning i was genuinely surprised that she wasn't pregnant.

that was a bit awkward to say the least.

benny bronx
November 18th, 2008, 04:51 PM
I dreamed I hung out with Chairman Mao, who happened to be living in a town next to me. He lived in a house I used to drive by frequently. He was very nice, and very sad. During a course about communism that I took in college, I blurted out that he didn't die but in fact lived close by. It was a running joke for the rest of the semester.

ice60
November 18th, 2008, 05:39 PM
i dreamt i ate a giant marshmallow and when i woke up one of my pillows had disappeared! <---- true story.

handy
November 18th, 2008, 10:26 PM
My dreams aren't SFW.

So ******* wet? :lolflag:

Dr Small
November 19th, 2008, 12:38 AM
I have actually solved programming problems in my dreams. I wake up the next day, and fix the error. Other times, if I program to long, my dreams consist of alot of code like I am scrolling in Vim with syntax highlighting on...

elmer_42
November 19th, 2008, 02:10 AM
I have actually solved programming problems in my dreams. I wake up the next day, and fix the error.
I imagine this is the mark of a true programmer.

jimi_hendrix
November 19th, 2008, 02:48 AM

i have a lot of weird dreams...this one reminds me of a dream i had were i was playing this horror game...but it had technology were i was able to feel everything...so things hurt but it wasnt excruciating pain...but i went to try and hit pause during a boss fight right before i died and it wouldnt stop and the game laughed at me...the same thing when i tried to turn off the xbox...then i woke up

i also had one where it kinda combined War of the Worlds and Lost (not sure how i got lost in there...never seen the show) but i was on some small island that was semi populated (small town with 1 airport with 1 plain and no one left the town)...me and a bunch of guys just got rescued there was some ~60 year old guy with us then this alien mother ship comes over the island...this happened somewhere else recently so we knew we ahd a few hours so we tried to gather everyone in our group and take the plane (we were important apparently)...and just before the mothership destroyed the island it bombed these earthworms at us as a sign of disgrace...this ment were were about to die...so we start rushing into the plane...i cant remember why but not all of us made it and it was me and some other guy and the pilot...we got off the island just in time and when we landed in the U.S. i woke up

i also had a dream last night were i was in some sci-fi shooter thingie similar to Gears of War...with two guys in my italian class...weird

jimi_hendrix
November 19th, 2008, 02:49 AM
I have actually solved programming problems in my dreams. I wake up the next day, and fix the error. Other times, if I program to long, my dreams consist of alot of code like I am scrolling in Vim with syntax highlighting on...

my friend told me another friend was trying to make a new distro...after so long of staring at the screen he said he dreamed in kernel code...

diablo75
November 19th, 2008, 03:02 AM
At the time of this dream, I had been living on about 5 to 6 hours of sleep tops, 7 days a week, for three months. I was working two jobs and going to school in the mornings.

During one of my mid-day naps, I layed down with the pillow over my head (to keep the light out of my eyes) with my right hand near my face, and my left arm down by my side. After a few minutes, I opened my eyes to see my hand begin moving in ways no hand can possibly move. My fingers could extend backwards to the back side of my hand if they wanted to, by the movements were rapid and sporatic. I couldn't hear or feel anything that would compliment what I was seeing. After a minute, my hand settled down.

A minute after that I began to feel a little dizzy and upon opening my eyes my vision seemed a little blurry, but I could still see. I reached out and began to hit this little remote I keep next to my bed to turn on the lights, but doing so didn't result in any change in the lighting of my room. I lifted myself out of bed and could barely keep my balance. I looked down and noticed I was wearing shinny silver boxer shorts (which I don't own). I stumbled towards my bedroom door, but about the time it opened up everything seemed to fade to white... and then I was under the pillow again, looking at my hand. I had awaken...

Or so I thought. Everything looked as it did before the weirdness above began; before I had even fallen asleep. My hand began moving in weird ways as it did before, and this time I had trouble breathing. I was begining to panic because I kept thinking to myself, "I'm supposed to be awake!!!" I found it very difficult to move. Reaching for the remote this time was like flailing a half-asleep arm at random object, slaming down to try and produce results. I turned over, and attempted to shout, "Help me" but couldn't produce enough breath or sound to get any attention. I couldn't hear very much of anything; it was like my ears were underwater.

The last thing I remember was my sister walking into the room to see me laying on my back in a muted panic. And I finally, for real this time, woke up, still with the pillow over my head, still with my hand in front of my face, as it had been the last 3 times I had looked at it (twice being in a dream state). I didn't move for about 2 minutes, and I just waited for something weird to happen. But thankfully, it didn't. As far as I can tell, I'm awake right now.

TBOL3
November 19th, 2008, 05:26 AM
Nope.......

Anyway, I just remembered, a few months ago, I had a dream I entered into a partnership with our good friend Bill Gates. But it turned out that he was fome type of cruel person, who was bent on hurting people (not physically, but in other ways, such as finances). Fortunately, it was one of those dreams where you get to be the hero, and save the world.

Daggo
November 20th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Weired dream but awesome-
One of the vampire chicks from the movie Van Helsing turned me into a vampire. I wont mention how, but there was a lot of biting involved. ;)

Weired dream #2
King Kong was chasing me through the mall and I was shooting zombies with a squirt gun. ...then the rubbery legs phenomenon started. Unfortunately, no vampire chicks involved.

johnb820
November 20th, 2008, 09:28 PM
I don't have so many weird dreams but just interesting dreams like for example, I dreamed that I woke up and started my day multiple times in one night. I dreamed that I got up, walked out the door to go to school. The second time I dreamed it that night, I could have sworn I was really awake since I had already dreamed I got my day started and that wasn't reality. Then when I actually woke up that morning it was the most awkward feeling like I was warped back in time and had to do it all over again. I also had a dream where I was getting punched in the head and it was like a broken record. It just went on and on, over and over getting punched in the head to the point where I wasn't sure if I was gonna be able to withstand it or not because it didn't stop. Dreams really are the gateway into the subconscious thought process that doesn't get tapped into very easily when you are awake.

tubezninja
November 20th, 2008, 10:16 PM
I was a year into my very first IT job, straight out of college, and during that time I got the attention of the higher ups in the firm, and I had stuck my neck out for a friend of mine, giving a good word for him because he was applying for a job at the same place. He got the job primarily because I recommended him, and the night before he started, I had the strangest dream I've ever had. Consider I rarely remember my dreams or only remembmer fragments, it's also one of the most vivid dreams I've ever had, too:

I'm driving to work, and another co-worker of mine is in the car with me (which is kinda strange because we don't really carpool). And as I pull onto the street where the office is, we find the whole block just swarming with fire trucks, ambulances and police cars, blocking our way.

We get out of the car, and there's a police officer trying to get us to leave. "But we work here! We have to get through!" I argue.

"Where do you work?"

"We work at [name of firm]."

"Oh..." the cop says, "there ain't no more [name of firm]."

"WHAT?!" My coworker and I both shout, and we somehow manage to force our way past him and run to the place.

Sure enough, the office building is burned to the ground, complete with the sign out front, singed and dangling on one hinge, cartoon-style. We're both standing there, I'm freaking out, and my co-worker that came with me is strangley calm about the whole thing. And then, out of nowehere comes that friend of mine I had recommended, walking along, whistling and smiling happily.

Me: "Dude, WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?!?!"

Friend: "Huh? Oh! I just solved all of our problems." [content smile.]

The dream basically goes on, with all my other coworkers coming in to view the devastation. All of them are celebrating, except for me. Until I woke up in a cold sweat.

That day, that friend of mine did start his new job. And no, he didn't burn the place down. The company managed to put itself out of business before that could happen. :)

Yownanymous
November 20th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Well I'm going to open up about this but it's quite scary. In this dream this girl that I really fancied who was quite friendly towards me started shouting at me. Now, a few months on, she really hates me.:(