PDA

View Full Version : Question about hiring PC Maintence person

tc101
November 17th, 2008, 07:45 PM
My company wants to hire a new person to do basic PC maintenance. This person would do things like update operating systems, add memory, set up printers, ship out new computers, maintain computers on line using remote access software, and so on.

What would you expect to pay a person in a job like this?

Also, what would the title for this position be?

This is in Atlanta Ga if anyone is interested.

It is using the Windows operating system, not ubuntu, but I have gotten such good information in this forum that it seems like a good place to ask.

rpainter
November 17th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Sounds like a System Supprt Technician. Maybe a level 1/2 job?

Try searching salary.com for salary ranges in your area.

billgoldberg
November 17th, 2008, 11:17 PM
My company wants to hire a new person to do basic PC maintenance. This person would do things like update operating systems, add memory, set up printers, ship out new computers, maintain computers on line using remote access software, and so on.

What would you expect to pay a person in a job like this?

Also, what would the title for this position be?

This is in Atlanta Ga if anyone is interested.

It is using the Windows operating system, not ubuntu, but I have gotten such good information in this forum that it seems like a good place to ask.

Around here they would catch around €1500 a month.

Title? Hmm, the IT guy :p.

smoker
November 17th, 2008, 11:29 PM
salary would probably depend on amount of machines s/he would be in charge of, would they be on call 24/7, would they travel site to site, would staff training in new applications be involved? try and discover what similar companies in the area are paying. it's not wise to expect hardwork, dedication, and loyalty while skimping on wages, so pay at least the going rate. probably system support tech, or area support tech.