PDA

View Full Version : Nice software: Almanah Diary!

Mr. Picklesworth
November 17th, 2008, 07:45 PM
I somehow have become hooked on an application called Almanah Diary. Try it out; you can find it in Add / Remove Applications. Very tiny, fairly young application. It is a little journal, essentially, that lets you add links with your entries and organize everything by date (of course). It automatically saves everything, so is completely painless to operate.

The coolest part is that it encrypts your journal! It's weird that it took a cool PGP encryption system to get me interested in keeping a journal. I'm such a geek :P

Mazza558
November 17th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Like Tomboy, then?

chrizwheatley
July 23rd, 2009, 08:47 PM
Hope someone can help me please.

I am really new to to Linux / Ubuntu and trying to learn.

I just wondered with this diary where are the user files kept? I have started my diary but being new to all this i know at some point i will end up having to format my pc and of course want to keep all the data i have entered.

Is it possible to make a backup of the entries so when i eventually do have to format i can get back to where i left off?

I am using this little diary to take small notes of what i have been reading and learning so at any point i have to go back something i had already learned i could do so.

Thanks very much

Chris :D

Sealbhach
July 23rd, 2009, 09:39 PM
Hi Chris, all your personal content will be in your /home folder under your username e.g.

/home/chris if that's your username.

I've looked at the Almanah page

http://tecnocode.co.uk/2009/01/29/almanah-060/

and it seems that your info is stored here:

/home/yourusername/.local/share/diary.db

In the diary.db file which I think is a sqlite database file.

chrizwheatley
July 24th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Thank you very much.

This forum is very helpful i am pleased i signed up :D

Rishkaa
July 24th, 2009, 01:16 AM
It's weird that it took a cool PGP encryption system to get me interested in keeping a journal. I'm such a geek :razz:

I second that. I've never really kept a journal or diary but this--along with having switched to Ubuntu-- may give me a reason to. I can see it now... my entire Linux learning experience, documented. Plus there's always all that information I have about the stories I write.