PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Video issues in Intrepid

muadnu
November 17th, 2008, 07:34 PM
After installing Intrepid I've been experiencing some video problems. I'm running a Dell Vostro 1400 laptop with Nvidia 8400GS graphics.

The issue, which I'm not sure how to explain, is that the video seems to be slow, or unsynchronized sometimes. It happens when, for instance, I scroll on some text, the previous text doesn't really move up or down and I get a mess on the screen. This is happening relatively often in general, though the video seems to get fixed quickly. But it happens all the time when using Emacs (the snapshot version), and the only way to get the right text is to scroll up or down many lines so that the messy area has to move. Many times, for example, if I enter a newline somewhere, the text below it has holes, where no text appears (but some text should be there).

I've attached a picture of the issue in Emacs to try to make it clearer. Any ideas?

kerry_s
November 17th, 2008, 08:09 PM
tried disabling compiz?

muadnu
November 17th, 2008, 10:04 PM
I actually had not... I tried now and the issues seemed to disappear. Any idea how to solve it with compiz on?

muadnu
November 21st, 2008, 09:22 PM
Bump? I'd really like to get this solved while using compiz... Nothing like this happened with Hardy (or Gutsy or Feisty neither).