PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade without internet connection..

killer_d76
November 17th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Hi hope you could help me out on this.. i have given out my old computer on a certain school here, which is located on a remote area and getting internet is there is a bit difficult, we were able to install Ubuntu 8.10 on it using the CD/DVD that i have.. now the problem is upgrading the applications on it like "Totem" wherein you need to download additional plug-ins to play certain files, i have an Broadband connection on my house where i can download all of these for them, but can somebody tell me how to do this?.. thanks in advance! ;)

overdrank
November 17th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Hi hope you could help me out on this.. i have given out my old computer on a certain school here, which is located on a remote area and getting internet is there is a bit difficult, we were able to install Ubuntu 8.10 on it using the CD/DVD that i have.. now the problem is upgrading the applications on it like "Totem" wherein you need to download additional plug-ins to play certain files, i have an Broadband connection on my house where i can download all of these for them, but can somebody tell me how to do this?.. thanks in advance! ;)

Hi and you may look at APTonCD
http://aptoncd.sourceforge.net/

killer_d76
November 18th, 2008, 12:38 AM
thank you!.. i'll have a look at it, and give it a try! ;)