PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem with wireless on Ubuntu 8.10

hudic20
November 17th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Hi. :)

I have problems with wireless. :( Can someone write simple tutorial, how can i install wirelles on my laptop. O:)
I have ubuntu 8.10 and HP Compaq 6820s laptop.
Please thank you ;)

icanfly0307
November 17th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Does your lappy have internal wireless? If so, please post the model. If its a wireless USB adapter, please post the output of lsusb.

Malcy
November 17th, 2008, 09:05 PM
I'm just running an 8.10 live cd in my Compaq 6820s and it has installed the wireless automatically without any issues. I'm writing this on the 6820s and uploading it to the forum through the wireless link. :)

Sorry I can't help more, just to let you know that it works. If you want to see what wireless networks are available before connecting to them, left click on the network symbol on the top panel and a dropdown showing available networks appears and you can make a choice.

hudic20
November 18th, 2008, 06:21 PM
I'm just running an 8.10 live cd in my Compaq 6820s and it has installed the wireless automatically without any issues. I'm writing this on the 6820s and uploading it to the forum through the wireless link. :)

Sorry I can't help more, just to let you know that it works. If you want to see what wireless networks are available before connecting to them, left click on the network symbol on the top panel and a dropdown showing available networks appears and you can make a choice.

~$ lshw
*-network:0 DISABLED
description: Wireless interface
physical id: 1
logical name: wlan0
capabilities: ethernet physical wireless
configuration: broadcast=yes multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11bg

When i try connect with wireless, than write "The network connection has been disconnected" :confused:

azer89
November 18th, 2008, 06:36 PM
hmm...

try this :

http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download

hudic20
November 19th, 2008, 04:05 PM
hmm...

try this :

http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download

Thank you so much. =D>8) :cool: