PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How can I recover Files from NTFS

gyrene2083
November 17th, 2008, 02:53 AM
I made a terrible mistake I was testing out the 8.10 Live CD, and installed ubuntu on the same harddrive that Vista was on. Well I thought I would be ok being that I copied over My Documents folder, but I lost all my music and videos. In XP these would be in the my documents folder, not in Vista.

I'm not hopeful but I am hoping to find a way to recover those files. Any ideas or suggestions?

oilchangeguy
November 17th, 2008, 03:18 AM
I made a terrible mistake I was testing out the 8.10 Live CD, and installed ubuntu on the same harddrive that Vista was on. Well I thought I would be ok being that I copied over My Documents folder, but I lost all my music and videos. In XP these would be in the my documents folder, not in Vista.

I'm not hopeful but I am hoping to find a way to recover those files. Any ideas or suggestions?

if you allowed ubuntu to use the entire drive, there's probably not much hope of recovering your data, after the drive has been formatted. found this (amoung others) during a google search:
http://filetonic.com/DataRecovery/?recover=Recover%20Formatted%20Data&gclid=COXcyKuT-5YCFRdinAodXBOKXg