PDA

View Full Version : [xfce] Navigating desktop/menus with keyboard?

ammarr
November 16th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Hi,

Is it just me, or can you not navigate the xfce desktop and menu with the keyboard (I mean, I can use the arrow keys, but I cant get 'f' to get to firefox, for example). I was really surprised, and just wondering if this is something isolated to my desktop or if this feature really doesn't exist in xfce?

john.nicholls
November 17th, 2008, 12:21 AM
Go to Xfce Settings Manager | Window Manager | Keyboard to see the keyboard shortcuts, or read the Help for Xfce4 Window Manager, which explains how to set up your own shortcuts.

ammarr
November 17th, 2008, 12:27 AM
I'm not asking about keyboard SHORTCUTS.. i'm saying that if i have a shortcut called firefox on the desktop, can i press the f key (with desktop having focus) to get to it?

cardinals_fan
November 17th, 2008, 12:42 AM
I'm not asking about keyboard SHORTCUTS.. i'm saying that if i have a shortcut called firefox on the desktop, can i press the f key (with desktop having focus) to get to it?
Not that I know of. I just use dmenu to launch apps.

ammarr
November 17th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Seems weird that something this basic isn't in there.. its not just for launching apps, what if there's a document shortcut on the desktop etc? As far as I know, this is present in every desktop environment (windows, gnome, kde etc). Anyhow.. thanks for the help.