PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Cant boot ubuntu on any pc

police512
November 16th, 2008, 10:39 PM
I need help i cant boot ubuntu on any pcs, it just freezes at that bar and nothing happens. i dno y but it happens to all my computers that i try besides my laptop. but on my laptop it boots but when i put in a usb memory stick it crashes. HELP PLZ:

oilchangeguy
November 16th, 2008, 10:48 PM
I need help i cant boot ubuntu on any pcs, it just freezes at that bar and nothing happens. i dno y but it happens to all my computers that i try besides my laptop. but on my laptop it boots but when i put in a usb memory stick it crashes. HELP PLZ:

either a bad burn. or your computer(s) do not meet the requirements to run ubuntu. computer(s) specs please.

police512
November 16th, 2008, 10:52 PM
yes my computer's do meet the requirements all are bigger then a pentium 3 and the one is a pentium 4 and i have reburned them and still the same problem it gets stuck!. And on my laptop is does boot and get to desktop but when i put in usb memory stick it freezes, i use IMGBURN. HELP PLZ

police512
November 16th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Computer 1. HP
INTEL QUAD CORE Q6600
NIVIDIA 8600GT
3GB RAM
1.5TB HDD

2. EMACHINES
INTEL PENTIUM 4 2.5GHZ
ONBOARD GRAPHICS CARD
512MB RAM
150GB HDD
3. LAPTOP
DELL STUDIO 15
3GB RAM, 250GB HDD ATI HD 3400

ON OTHER VERSIONS I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH IT!

oilchangeguy
November 16th, 2008, 10:54 PM
yes my computer's do meet the requirements all are bigger then a pentium 3 and the one is a pentium 4 and i have reburned them and still the same problem it gets stuck!. And on my laptop is does boot and get to desktop but when i put in usb memory stick it freezes, i use IMGBURN. HELP PLZ

do you see the memory stick before it freezes?

police512
November 16th, 2008, 10:58 PM
yes it works, it comes up on screen then it freezes. and that is on my laptop, on other computers i cant even get to the desktop without it crashing...
it goes to that bar which it goes side to side then when it loads with that bubble it crashes:S HELP!!!
ive never had this problem before and all my computers use intel

cariboo
November 16th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Have you tried using the alternate installation disk? Are any of the computers running Ubuntu now?

Jim

police512
November 16th, 2008, 11:10 PM
no but i just want to use the live cd i dont want to install it yet, but i bet it will be the same. im now even tryin to boot it inside windows (without virtual pc and that other 1) without any software to c if that will work.