PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] uploading in a network??

Red-Shield
November 16th, 2008, 08:02 PM
can any one out there tell me if there is a way to upload files and directory's to a remote computer using a terminal i have a network of computers at my office and i am always using SSH SFTP SCP do get things from the other boxes but i am more and more finding need to send files and directory's to remote boxes and would that reaffic also be done on port 22.

thanks for your help and i f**king love linux 2 years strong and still working hard in the shell.

Iowan
November 16th, 2008, 09:04 PM
i am always using SSH SFTP SCP do get things from the other boxes but i am more and more finding need to send files and directory's to remote boxes and would that reaffic also be done on port 22. That li'l typo(?) is a bit confusing (traffic?), but if I read the man page for scp correctly, you should be able to do what you want
Copies between two remote hosts are permitted.

Red-Shield
November 17th, 2008, 12:42 AM
but i thought i could copy from him and him from me i want to send to him in a terminal outside the network

Red-Shield
November 21st, 2008, 04:37 AM
i think you cant do recursive in i cant send directories using sftp are there any other programs that i can use the recursive option

jonobr
November 21st, 2008, 05:19 AM
hello

try investigating rsync, its useful for file transfers and passing files to and fro, and even fro and to.

How a google around see what you find, if it sounds like something of interest, lots of peeps here can help if you need setup assistnace