PDA

View Full Version : Christmas!

Grant A.
November 16th, 2008, 05:37 AM
What do you want and what do you plan to do for Christmas this year?

If you don't celebrate Christmas, it's ok, just say what you want for Winter Solstice, Hanukkah, Birthday etc.

I myself want the latest NVidia card and a good 1TB HDD.

handy
November 16th, 2008, 05:39 AM
Summer solstice here.

I plan to stay of the roads.

I want peace, everywhere.

Frak
November 16th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Fixez my old compooooooter.

Has a good processor and good parts, so I don't let it go to waste whilst it still has life.

As for plans? Probably drink a little hard eggnog, have some turkey, and sleeeeeeeeep.

OutOfReach
November 16th, 2008, 05:41 AM
I personally would like to build myself a new computer with the new i7 processor from Intel with an NVidia card some 2gb of memory and a 500gb hdd.

Notice I said 'would like'. I can bearly afford the GPU let alone the processor. :)

My plans would include just spending time with family and friends, mostly my cousins.

cardinals_fan
November 16th, 2008, 05:43 AM
My family are atheists, but half of the ancestry is Christian and half Jewish, so we celebrate both Christmas and Hanukkah (sort of). I want one of these (http://www.joby.com/products/gorillapod/original/).

phantomgunex
November 16th, 2008, 05:46 AM
Hmm... i want the Acer Predator... the one with the intel extreme processor and 3 1TB hard drives + a new laptop with the best specs in the world and learn finish C++. I also want to make ubuntu more popular! M$ windows sucks!!!:lolflag:

Frak
November 16th, 2008, 05:46 AM
My family are atheists, but half of the ancestry is Christian and half Jewish, so we celebrate both Christmas and Hanukkah (sort of). I want one of these (http://www.joby.com/products/gorillapod/slr/).
Aye, mine are Atheist, but we came from a long line of Mormons.

Grant A.
November 16th, 2008, 05:48 AM
[...]I also want to make ubuntu more popular! M$ windows sucks!!!

Ok... good luck with that...

Anyways, back on topic...

SuperSonic4
November 16th, 2008, 05:49 AM
I would like lots of money for a generic day given special treatment by the largely Christian West as they believe it is when Christ was born xD

Grant A.
November 16th, 2008, 05:52 AM
I would like lots of money for a generic day given special treatment by the largely Christian West as they believe it is when Christ was born xD

Actually, Christ was not born during that month. Not even that season, actually. His original birthday was around Easter, but the Catholic Church moved it to December to try and compete with other religious holidays.

cardinals_fan
November 16th, 2008, 05:56 AM
Actually, Christ was not born during that month. Not even that season, actually. His original birthday was around Easter, but the Catholic Church moved it to December to try and compete with other religious holidays.
Let's keep off this stuff, or the mods will close the thread ;)

Grant A.
November 16th, 2008, 05:57 AM
Let's keep off this stuff, or the mods will close the thread ;)

Ah whoops, sorry about that. Was just trying to feed the troll more than his stomach could hold. :(

benny bronx
November 16th, 2008, 05:58 AM
World peace, accelerated global warming so New York becomes a tropical paradise, and cash.

LookTJ
November 16th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Actually, Christ was not born during that month. Not even that season, actually. His original birthday was around Easter, but the Catholic Church moved it to December to try and compete with other religious holidays.Easter is known to be Christ risen from the dead, not his birth. December 25 is known to be Christ's birthday.

Anyways, on topic:

I hope to enjoy my holiday season. and I want a desktop pc.

-grubby
November 16th, 2008, 06:38 AM
I've been craving a laptop for quite some time now

barbedsaber
November 16th, 2008, 06:56 AM
I am getting a creative zen vision M for my birthday, and am going to spend my christmas and birthday money on an UMPC, Don't know which one though.

handy
November 16th, 2008, 06:58 AM

I have it on good authority that the birthday was 29th September 2BC.

www.calvarychapeldeal.co.uk/downloads/pdf/topical/wwjb_web.pdf

fedex1993
November 16th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Hmm maybe a new pc iphone or something of the rather. Wanted a new macbook for school but a little bit pricy. MAybe some money for gas or a new radio for the truck. Tons of choices oh well and maybe world peace.

tbroderick
November 16th, 2008, 09:02 AM
I'd like Chrono Trigger DS.

Mazza558
November 16th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Pandora and a good SDHC card or two to keep me going.

jomiolto
November 16th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Some time off of university. I took a bit too heavy load of courses this semester and I've been to stubborn to drop a single one of them ](*,)

Seriously, all I want is some peace and quiet for a couple of weeks, so I have time to read, have long walks outside (if the weather agrees), and perhaps tinker around with some of my personal projects I've been neglecting this autumn. Seeing all the family again is another plus, of course.