PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] When I open my Documents folder from "Places" it opens with Rhythmbox

surelock22
November 15th, 2008, 02:48 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y14/surelock22/ScrshtWPlacesCropped.jpg

In that pic, it shows the drop down menu that I'm talking about. If I open "Documents" from there, instead of opening the folder in folder form, it opens it with Rhythmbox. WHY? It's annoying the crap out of me that I can't just right click on said Folder (in specifically said "Places" and select "Opens with : Folder Explorer". Right clicking on that folder is the same as left clicking: it opens up the file with Rhythmbox.

Help!!! I'm still a total noob and the dumb questions will subside after a bit...

backflip
November 15th, 2008, 03:31 PM
I had a similar problem after upgrading to 8.10, except Realplayer wanted to open ALL the folders in 'Places'...documents/Home Folder/Music etc.etc.
I had to go to 'places' then computer/file system/home and so on down to the affected folders where I right clicked, chose 'properties' and changed the 'open with' from Realplayer to 'open folder.'
If it isn't that, I'm sorry but that is the extent of my sparse knowledge.

drs305
November 15th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Or right click on a folder, Properties, select 'Open with other application' and select 'File Browser'.

Which is about what backflip said... :-)