PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Start page in Firefox a mess for 2 seconds...

sillyboy
November 15th, 2008, 06:47 AM
My start page in Firefox is a mess for about 2 seconds, :confused:then it straightens itself out in 8.10. Everything was fine in 8.04. When I click on a link, the next page is the same. Lots of horizontal black lines in bottom left hand corner. Has anyone else had this happen, and can it be fixed? I might go back to 8.04.:) Does someone need to see this?? What keys do I hit to a screen capture?

Thanks

baruch60610
November 15th, 2008, 07:38 AM
To do a screen capture, you can try hitting the 'prt scr' (print screen) key (which may also say 'sys rq' on it). If you have the screen capture program installed, that should bring up a dialog that lets you choose what you're capturing, and how.

I don't have any pearls of wisdom to offer concerning your messed up display. I found 8.10 such a mess that I did, indeed, reinstall 8.04. Good luck.

asgard_command
November 15th, 2008, 07:44 AM
I've started to have something similar to this. I think it is due to extensions I have installed recently most likely stylish which I have been playing with. I haven't got annoyed enough with it yet to narrow it down by turning different ones off.

louieb
November 15th, 2008, 11:36 AM
What keys do I hit to a screen capture? Thanks
On a side note:
If your just want the active window (not the whole screen). press Alt+PrtScreen.

swoody
November 15th, 2008, 12:54 PM
I've started to have something similar to this. I think it is due to extensions I have installed recently most likely stylish which I have been playing with. I haven't got annoyed enough with it yet to narrow it down by turning different ones off.

I'm having the same problem, but mine only lasts for about half of a second. It does this even on a fresh install of FF for me, so I'm thinking it's not related to any extensions, although in your case it might be. It also does it when I open a FF menu.

sillyboy
November 30th, 2008, 02:07 AM
I solved it!!!!! I reinstalled 8.04.