PDA

View Full Version : updates trash my system

geogur
November 15th, 2008, 06:26 AM
why can`t you test your updates before you trash everyones systems . really this is getting old.test then post. every time I update your updates break my system

FuturePilot
November 15th, 2008, 06:30 AM
They are tested though. That is was the "Proposed" repository is for.
What exactly happened?

jimrz
November 15th, 2008, 06:44 AM
a little help needed

what update and what did it break? try to be specific, else it will be very difficult for anyone to be able to assist.

no issues here with either hardy or intrepid

geogur
November 15th, 2008, 06:53 AM
now that you mention it just about everything that matters ? I cannot understand a upgrade that will not allow you to have dual head display. I know you are going to tell me I don`t know how to config my xorg. but if I down grade to ubuntu 7 my pc can have 2 heads one mouse and it can do all the things ubuntu 8 says I can`t do ? the latest upgrade in ubuntu 8 won`t let me shut down in a normal manner I go shut down and the pannel hides .Thats right shut down now is a reboot and then when log in starts I choose the options and finally log out. And whats with the jerky scrolling action no other linux distro has this problem . this is a long rant but you did ask. I want to use ubuntu on this pc but must down grade .