PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] install rhythmbox equalizer (or any package, for that matter)

lengo
November 15th, 2008, 05:57 AM
Could someone please guide me through the process to install the Rhythmbox equalizer? Every time I do something like this I get so frustrated . . . I have rhythmbox-equalizer.tar.gz on my desktop and I tried following the instructions here (http://www.deviantdark.altervista.org/?p=438) but they're in Spanish and I'm not sure I got it right. Where should the package be? Where should it be extracted to? What is my "home" directory: /home/ or /home/paul/? How do I install it once it is extracted? Just some of the basics, I guess . . . Thanks for your help.

jimmy the saint
November 15th, 2008, 06:33 AM
it looks to me like all you need to do is create the directory and extract the tar into it. No need for the command line. Just create the file like you would normally do (if you can't see the .gnome2 file in your home directory press <ctrl+h> to enable hidden files). then move the tar to that directory, right-click and slect "extract".

Your home directory is where you are when you go to Places, and Home Folder. It will be /home/yourusername