PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] [SOLVED] NETWORK MANAGER HEX passphrase for Broadcom b43xx

JuanIgnacioT
November 15th, 2008, 05:26 AM
Ok guys, 2nd thread... sorry to bother again but Im having problems with wireless now. When using ubuntu, the network manager asked for an HEX passphrase. I placed the data in and everything worked. Now, using Xubuntu, Network Manager doesnt gives me that option. Instead, the only option that looks alike is the one for the WEP 40/128-bit Key. Well, I placed the HEX into that option and, after a while, the screen pops up again showing a much larger number. What can I do? Is there a way to configure HEX passphrase in the Terminal? Thanx in advance for your answers! By the way, I already got the firmware and everything using synapic and harware drivers...

adult swim
November 15th, 2008, 06:18 AM
i may be wrong here but i dont think that xubuntu natively supports WPA encryption. ive never used it but i think youll need to look around for something called WPA supplicant. alternitavely instead of using network manager you could use WICD to manage your connections. It does support WPA encryption

JuanIgnacioT
November 15th, 2008, 08:35 PM
actually it was my mistake, i know i know, im new... instead of passphrase use key... thats it and yes it was already an option in NM so that makes it native. thanx anyway