PDA

View Full Version : GoogleMail voice and video chat is not yet available for Linux.

s.fox
November 14th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Anybody know when it will be available on Linux? Looks pretty good from the screen shots. :)

SunnyRabbiera
November 14th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Anybody know when it will be available on Linux? Looks pretty good from the screen shots. :)

it might be some time, I dont care as I dont use those things.

igknighted
November 14th, 2008, 11:11 PM
I believe it works in the latest version of empathy

s.fox
November 14th, 2008, 11:31 PM
I believe it works in the latest version of empathy

Ok, thanks. I shall do a little research into this Empathy when I boot into Ubuntu (currently in Linpus Lite).

Just to save me a little time is Empathy in the synaptic package manager?

Thanks for all the ultra quick responses.

igknighted
November 15th, 2008, 12:03 AM
Ok, thanks. I shall do a little research into this Empathy when I boot into Ubuntu (currently in Linpus Lite).

Just to save me a little time is Empathy in the synaptic package manager?

Thanks for all the ultra quick responses.

It is in the repos, but the one in 8.04 is certainly far too old to support this, and the version in intrepid may also be. It is a very young project (the new gnome-standard IM client), so each new release has many new features. Not sure if anyone is packaging the newest version of this in any PPA's.

If you're a KDE guy, try Psi instead... same back end, but I don't know if the frontend is as current as empathy

binbash
November 15th, 2008, 12:17 AM
There is a big thread about this

bp1509
November 15th, 2008, 12:42 AM
d

s.fox
November 15th, 2008, 01:01 AM
There is a big thread about this

I just did a search within the forum and couldn't find anything. I don't suppose you could post a link.

Thanks for all the input.