PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Compaq Presario QC60 Ubuntu 8.10 error

forcecore
November 14th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I purchased this laptop and it shows some I/O error, dev sr0, sector 1431176 - lot of these type erros when cd loads and then it wont continue. Is there some option to force continue trough every error like windows xp loads fine.

Carl Hamlin
November 14th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I purchased this laptop and it shows some I/O error, dev sr0, sector 1431176 - lot of these type erros when cd loads and then it wont continue. Is there some option to force continue trough every error like windows xp loads fine.

If you're getting as far as the screen inviting you to either install or try Ubuntu, I'd skip both of those and go straight to checking the integrity of the CD. Might need to reburn.

forcecore
November 14th, 2008, 08:43 PM
i selected cd check but it still reaches to same error, even tested ubuntu 8.04 but still same.

HMM, looks like cd-rom is crap, old liteon USB dvd writer loaded fine 8.10 cd, i try to install now and maybe is fine.

Carl Hamlin
November 14th, 2008, 08:54 PM
i selected cd check but it still reaches to same error, even tested ubuntu 8.04 but still same.

Does the CD check complete and tell you that the image is intact?

forcecore
November 14th, 2008, 09:44 PM
when i started cd check it reached to same error but now i installed ubuntu fine from external cd/dvd drive.

I dont know why samsung cdrom is crappy but now Ubuntu 8.10 works.