PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 8.10 : activate fglrx not activated ?

Browser_ice
November 14th, 2008, 03:46 AM
I have just did a full install of 8.10 and full update afterwards. But when I start the System / administration / hardware driver, it gives me the choice to activate the ati/amd fglrs. I click Activate, it tried to go fetch and then comes back without any information. If I reboot and go back in it, it still says it is not activated.

Why ?

How to do it manually ?

[solved] I changed the update source server to use and it finally downloaded it and installed it.

Jesus_Freak
February 3rd, 2009, 02:25 AM
I am running into a similar situation. Fresh install of 8.10 server. Updates performed, then install of xinit and ubuntu-desktop. Launching X and going to hardware drivers shows an option of installing ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX graphics driver. Hitting activate prompted for sudo password and performed a download, but the driver refuses to activate even after reboot. Any ideas?

danzun
February 11th, 2009, 05:29 PM
I'm having the same issue. Can anyone shed some light on this problem or provide some direction?

danzun
February 11th, 2009, 05:44 PM
I have just did a full install of 8.10 and full update afterwards. But when I start the System / administration / hardware driver, it gives me the choice to activate the ati/amd fglrs. I click Activate, it tried to go fetch and then comes back without any information. If I reboot and go back in it, it still says it is not activated.

Why ?

How to do it manually ?

[solved] I changed the update source server to use and it finally downloaded it and installed it.

How did you change the source and what did you change it to?