PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Mozilla Firefox Problem

44tr
November 14th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Hey!

For some reason, on my account Firefox is permanently full screen maximized. You can't even see the menus. It is impossible to move or resize Firefox. If nothing else is open, I need to hit F1 to open a help window (which opens behind Firefox) and Alt-Tab to the help window, then the menus (panels) reappear. This does NOT happen on my wife's account of the same computer. Ubuntu 8.04, Firefox 3.03. This just started happening suddenly, not after any particular change.

How do I fix this without blowing away all the settings, bookmarks, addons, etc.?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

ciscosurfer
November 14th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Hit F11

44tr
November 14th, 2008, 02:25 AM
Nothing happens when I hit F11.

ciscosurfer
November 14th, 2008, 02:34 AM
Maybe you have an F-Lock key? Maybe you've hit it by accident? Also, hover your mouse towards the top of your screen and it should drop down, then hit the maximize icon. F11 (F eleven) is the Full Screen F-Key though. You can also try Alt-v, then f

44tr
November 14th, 2008, 02:44 AM
Ah, there is an F-Lock key; I turned it on and pressed F11; the screen expanded further, but when I pressed it again the application returned to normal. It appears to be working correctly now THANKS! I still think the behavior was weird. Now if I can only fix my son's network problem ... :-)