PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] [SOLVED] Easiest way to install KDE 4.1.72 (a.k.a KDE 4.2)?

isaacj87
November 13th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Hey guys,

Well, the title says it all. I'm currently running KDE 4.1.3 on Kubuntu 8.10 and I'm looking for the easiest/least painful way of installing KDE 4.1.72. Would it be from Project Neon? Or would it be using kdesvn-build?

moopere
December 15th, 2008, 11:56 AM
This post is marked as 'solved' yet I don't see any solution....anyone actually know the easiest way to install KDE 4.2??

AlanR8
December 15th, 2008, 01:34 PM
I downloaded from project neon, that way I can choose to boot 4.1 or the Beta. Since the updates to neon at the end of last week I've hardly used 4.1!

The only thing I miss (at present) in beta is the icon under System Settings/Appearance where in 4.1 I could set the system fonts to be used in GTK apps like FF and TBird. Currently the display fonts in these programs are big and clunky. Not to my liking. In 4.1 the system font is properly displayed.

Anyone know a work round for this in neon?

isaacj87
December 17th, 2008, 09:00 PM
This post is marked as 'solved' yet I don't see any solution....anyone actually know the easiest way to install KDE 4.2??

I marked it as solved because the solution presented itself. Some Kubuntu ninjas packaged 4.2 beta 1 (and now beta 2). You can find the instructions here: http://www.kubuntu.org/node/58

You'll find that those instructions will work better than project neon's.