PDA

View Full Version : [other] Having problems runnings applications on desired resolutions in blackbox

linuxuser9999
November 13th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Hi,

I installed blackbox 0.70.1-2 (via Synaptic Package Manager) on Ubuntu 8.10 and it works fine. However I do have a question about changing the screen resolution under blackbox. When I use blackbox the resolution is defaulted to 1280x1024 and it's fine except sometimes I can't read text because it's too small. So I switched it to 1024x768 via nvidia-settings and it looked better. I have an nvidia FX5200 video card by the way. But the only problem is some of my applications like Gimp and Second Life overlap the 1024x768 boundary as if I'm running on 1280x1024 or a higher resolution so I can't see the rest of the application window unless I move it. But then again sometimes I can't even move it cause I can't see the window title bar so I have to bring up a terminal via Ctrl+Alt+F2 and kill the process manually and reload the app. Has anybody had this problem with blackbox and can you tell me if and how you were able to fix it? Is there a better way to change the resolution under blackbox?

linuxuser9999
November 14th, 2008, 02:52 AM
Oh nevermind. LOL. I found a utility called Devil's Pie which does what I need it to do. Now blackbox runs very good.