PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Nautilus create folder and go in to it automatically

sforces
November 13th, 2008, 04:13 PM
In Gutsy and Hardy whenever I created a folder in Nautilus it automatically moved me in to that folder. I loved that feature. Now that I'm running Intrepid that no longer happens.](*,)

Is this a setting that I'm missing somewhere? Or was this removed from Nautilus?

sforces
November 18th, 2008, 12:00 PM
bump

sforces
November 29th, 2008, 09:06 PM
bump

sforces
January 12th, 2009, 07:18 AM
bump

has no one else this issue?

kranny
January 12th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Are you Talking about the Open the folder in browser window always?

Make sure that the Always open in browser windows option is checked?
You can find it at:
edit--->Prefernces-->Behaviour--->Check the above said option here

sforces
January 24th, 2009, 02:52 PM
While I do have that option already checked, that's not what I'm referring to.

When I CREATE a folder in Nautilus, it used to automatically moved in to that folder automatically.

This was especially helpful when there a lot of folders in the list that I would normally have to scroll through and then double click the folder to manually move in to it.

Now when I create a folder, not only DOESN'T Nautilus not highlight the newly created folder in the list, but it doesn't move in to it. So after creating a new folder, I manually have to search through the list of folders, then double click to move there.

So I really miss the "auto move in to folder after create" feature.

Am I the only one that had that working in Gutsy & Hardy? I didn't do anything to turn it on and wish I knew how to do it in Intrepid! :(

Are you Talking about the Open the folder in browser window always?

Make sure that the Always open in browser windows option is checked?
You can find it at:
edit--->Prefernces-->Behaviour--->Check the above said option here

sforces
April 10th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I now have more details on this... :)
When using the file browser in Ubuntu, if you go to File menu and select "Create Folder", then it will automatically highlight the newly created folder (I could have sworn it used to automatically go in that newly created folder prior to 8.10).

When I'm in FireFox and am asked to save a file, when the dialog with the folders comes up it has a button on it "Create Folder". When you create a folder, it doesn't highlight it nor go directly in to it. You then have to go searching for the folder you just created.

Why is this behavior different between the two? ](*,)

While I do have that option already checked, that's not what I'm referring to.

When I CREATE a folder in Nautilus, it used to automatically moved in to that folder automatically.

This was especially helpful when there a lot of folders in the list that I would normally have to scroll through and then double click the folder to manually move in to it.

Now when I create a folder, not only DOESN'T Nautilus not highlight the newly created folder in the list, but it doesn't move in to it. So after creating a new folder, I manually have to search through the list of folders, then double click to move there.

So I really miss the "auto move in to folder after create" feature.

Am I the only one that had that working in Gutsy & Hardy? I didn't do anything to turn it on and wish I knew how to do it in Intrepid! :(

sforces
April 28th, 2009, 02:39 PM
I'm not crazy after all. Guess it was a bug? But it's working in Ubuntu 9.04 as it used to. :) WooHoo!

When I'm in FireFox and download a file, when asked with a list of folders and I create a new folder, it automatically goes in to that folder after hitting enter key.

I now have more details on this... :)
When using the file browser in Ubuntu, if you go to File menu and select "Create Folder", then it will automatically highlight the newly created folder (I could have sworn it used to automatically go in that newly created folder prior to 8.10).

When I'm in FireFox and am asked to save a file, when the dialog with the folders comes up it has a button on it "Create Folder". When you create a folder, it doesn't highlight it nor go directly in to it. You then have to go searching for the folder you just created.

Why is this behavior different between the two? ](*,)