PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if there was a zombie invasion?

tuxsheadache
November 13th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I personally have chosen a room at the top of my house, with narrow castle like stairs and easy escape over the rooftops, all in walking distance of a gun shop.
Are you prepared?

Bölvağur
November 13th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Yes, I have a pair of shoes that should do the trick. From what I understand zombies walk not very fast, so having a good pair of shoes should be the best way to keep yourself away from them.

Joeb454
November 13th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Play dead...

benny bronx
November 13th, 2008, 03:16 PM
I would purchase a few zombie traps. They look like really big mouse traps. Spread a little brain matter on them and you're good to go.

tuxsheadache
November 13th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I would purchase a few zombie traps. They look like really big mouse traps. Spread a little brain matter on them and you're good to go.

I'm not sure if I want to know where you get said brain matter :|

Bölvağur
November 13th, 2008, 03:42 PM
I'm not sure if I want to know where you get said brain matter :|

the morgue ?

eternalnewbee
November 13th, 2008, 03:45 PM
All I know is, it would give me a real headache...
I'm not sure if I want to know where you get said brain matter

the morgue ?
Hi hi hi

Skripka
November 13th, 2008, 03:47 PM
nmnmndm

ratmandall
November 13th, 2008, 03:49 PM
I'm more worried about you.

tuxsheadache
November 13th, 2008, 04:04 PM
the morgue ?

Silly me :|

benny bronx
November 13th, 2008, 04:04 PM
I'm not sure if I want to know where you get said brain matter

I never said it had to be human brain matter, although.....never mind.

Private_Ops
November 13th, 2008, 04:06 PM
I'm set. All I have to do is go to my fathers since he lives in a rural area and I also own a couple rifles. Need more ammo though...

tuxsheadache
November 13th, 2008, 04:09 PM
I'm set. All I have to do is go to my fathers since he lives in a rural area and I also own a couple rifles. Need more ammo though...

Take a baseball bat or cricket bat, melee weapons are good for when you run out..
Otherwise, you sound like you have a perfect set up :D

tvtech
November 13th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I'd go to my buddies place in NH they let you own anything like .... ar-15's or ak-47s or other wonderful devices of mass destruction. He's got most of them. and I have a jeep so I could just driver over/through the zombies on my way to his place.

Private_Ops
November 13th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Take a baseball bat or cricket bat, melee weapons are good for when you run out..
Otherwise, you sound like you have a perfect set up :D

Got a couple bayonets (two for two different rifles, and one of the rifles has a permanent one (Soviet M-44 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosin-Nagant))).

As well as a couple macheties laying around somewhere.

Dixon Bainbridge
November 13th, 2008, 04:15 PM
I personally have chosen a room at the top of my house, with narrow castle like stairs and easy escape over the rooftops, all in walking distance of a gun shop.
Are you prepared?

Judging from my daily walk into work, I wouldn't be able to tell if I had been invaded by zombies.

markp1989
November 13th, 2008, 04:20 PM
probably baracade the house, all stay up stairs, with maglite, baseball bat, cricket bat, and waht ever else i cud fink off, to club them over the head of they do get in.

reminds me of shaun of the dead :D

daverich
November 13th, 2008, 04:27 PM
living in a village where the average age is probably over 60, i doubt I'd notice the difference :)

Kind regards

Dave Rich

tuxsheadache
November 13th, 2008, 04:29 PM
living in a village where the average age is probably over 60, i doubt I'd notice the difference :)

Kind regards

Dave Rich

Mrs Miggins from down the road will be a "bit more Bitey"

squeabs
November 13th, 2008, 04:30 PM
I would call Gordon Freeman.

chucky chuckaluck
November 13th, 2008, 04:31 PM
fire up the grill!

shadowdude1794
November 13th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Purchase a crow bar and gravity gun.

EdThaSlayer
November 13th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Inject myself with GM viruses to make me physically and genetically stronger(to a space marine level), then don a Warhammer 40k spacemarine suit, get a flamethrower, and hope for the best. :)

Rplus9
November 13th, 2008, 04:46 PM
pfft, amateurs!

You must read these both:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zombie_Survival_Guide
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_war_z

The most comfortable option is to evade to the local bulk-superstore with family &/or friends, secure the compound, purge the zombies.

If that's not possible, it's best to be quiet. If I noticed the signs before the storm I'd buy lots of plywood and 2x4s to hurricane proof my house. Survive quietly while the invasion sweeps past.
The early stages, other people are more dangerous than zombies, so hide from them too.

After that, it's long patient job of gathering supplies and purging zombies.
Having some motorcycle riding gear or similarly protective but comfortable clothing is a must.
Remember to knock before entering a room.
My weapons of choice right now would be a crossbow, short sturdy blade or sharpened pipe, and last resort a silenced hand-gun.

tuxsheadache
November 13th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Rplus9, truly ready for a zombie invasion =D

billgoldberg
November 13th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Are you prepared?

If they were those slow zombies, I wouldn't even be very afraid (maybe just a bit).

Those modern, superhuman zombies, that's another thing.

billgoldberg
November 13th, 2008, 06:40 PM
My weapons of choice right now would be a crossbow, short sturdy blade or sharpened pipe, and last resort a silenced hand-gun.

Make that a katana and a good trustworthy assault rifle with loads of spare clips.

billgoldberg
November 13th, 2008, 06:41 PM
purchase a crow bar and gravity gun.

+ 1

peter_brewer
November 13th, 2008, 06:48 PM
I'd go into the belltower of the local church, windows are too small for zombies, has its own water and power supply and a trap door with raisable ladder which should keep them out. There are also some electric stoves and a gas camping stove. Shouldn't need to leave for a month or so based on food stores available, assuming a group of 5 hide together. Also gives a good view of surrounding area.

Not that I was thinking about this after watching Shaun of the Dead (amazing film) on Tuesday.

billgoldberg
November 13th, 2008, 07:02 PM
I'd go into the belltower of the local church, windows are too small for zombies, has its own water and power supply and a trap door with raisable ladder which should keep them out. There are also some electric stoves and a gas camping stove. Shouldn't need to leave for a month or so based on food stores available, assuming a group of 5 hide together. Also gives a good view of surrounding area.

Not that I was thinking about this after watching Shaun of the Dead (amazing film) on Tuesday.

Pegg and "the heavy set guy" were great in that one.

solitaire
November 13th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I'd invest in 3 things:

1) a Large capacity Fual tank
2) a petrol powered "Weed Whacker"
3) Sit on Lawn mower with safety guards removed...

I'd Whack and Moe my way through the Zombie hoards :D

MaxIBoy
November 13th, 2008, 08:49 PM
I'd get an M1, a Desert Eagle, some ammo, some food, and some water purification tablets (in case the water softener broke,) and hole up in the loft in my garage. I've got sleeping bags up there, and if I ejected some of the random boxes of paperwork, I'll have lots of room. Also, the deep freeze unit and a refrigerator are within easy reach for perishable foods.

As a last resort, I have a pile of cinder blocks, large rocks, and bricks I could drop.

LowSky
November 13th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Read the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks

Also his other book World War Z

Great books on Zombies.

As for my response it depends on the type of Zombie, are we talking the old school slow moving walking dead, or the new kind that can run?

because you options really change with the newer faster kind.

Chilli Bob
November 13th, 2008, 09:55 PM
All zombies are slow moving. The fast ones aren't real, they are just in movies. Shheeeesh! Some people!

Unlike you lot, I'm not just worried about myself. I'm prepared to save the rest of the city, some of whom have never even heard the rule "Sever the head, or destroy the brain." To that end I have, for the last 15 years, had a specially modified combine harvester parked in my front yard, with sharpened combs and drain holes in the hopper to allow the fluids to drip through. When the day finally comes, I'll clean up those undead lickity-split, and no doubt get a Knighthood, an Order of Australia medal, and who knows, maybe even a book of discount vouchers for local businesses.

If that doesn't get me a girlfriend, nothing will.

Denestria
November 13th, 2008, 10:27 PM
living in a village where the average age is probably over 60, i doubt I'd notice the difference

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098157/

Denestria
November 13th, 2008, 10:36 PM
pfft, amateurs!
You must read these both:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zombie_Survival_Guide
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_war_z

At the end of October Max Brooks had a book signing and discussion with fans at a zombie film festival here. It was during the week though so we didn't go. We did go to the zombie walk promo for the festival though, covered in gore and zombified makeup, shambling through downtown, scaring the tourists.

Coreigh
November 13th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Blame you.

:biggrin: :twisted:

Delever
November 14th, 2008, 12:09 AM
I would start removing some heads or destroying some brainz.

S0VERE1GN
November 14th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.