PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can I install Page 2 Stage on Ubuntu?

IKhider
November 13th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Greetings fellow Ubuntu Users,

I want to install a program called Page 2 Stage. I supose I can do so in Wine, but seeing as the developer released the source code--perhaps you know a more linux friendly way?

The link is here:
http://www.page2stage.com/

Far as I know, that is the only script writing software available for linux unless any of you know of another.

Thanks!

zvacet
November 13th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Page 2 Stage runs on Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP. Page 2 Stage does not run on the Macintosh, Linux, or any other O/S. We concentrate on Windows so we can make it perfect for Windows without the compromises necessary for a program that runs on multiple platforms.

it look like you will have to use wine to run that app.

IKhider
November 13th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Hello,

As you can tell...I am a linux newbie. Hence why I mistakenly thought that if the developer released the source code, that made a difference.

I think I got the program working, good thing it is old. I am not sure if I could get something like Screenwriter 6 working. Too bad there is no opensource equivalent like OpenOffice Writer.

Thanks,

-I-

zvacet
November 13th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Hence why I mistakenly thought that if the developer released the source code, that made a difference.

It can make difference,because now others can work on that app,because source code is released.But as far I can understand they make it clear that they are not interested to do that job,but others can if they like.I can be wrong but that is my understanding from their site which I quoted.