PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Belgium

cvcaelen
December 2nd, 2005, 11:03 AM
Brand new here
and a giant noob as linux is concerned.
But very itchy to try it.

just to be on the safe side : booting from the life-CD won't affect my settings , right?

allways willing to learn something new
many greetings
Christiaan

Pablo_Escobar
December 2nd, 2005, 11:04 AM
Welcome and feel free to ask a lot of questions :)

LiveCD won't affect Your settings :)

xmastree
December 2nd, 2005, 11:09 AM
That's correct. Live CD won't, however any changes you make will be lost next time you reboot, and it'll also be a lot slower. If you like it, but find it slow, you can be sure that a proper install will be much faster.

As Pablo says, don't be afraid to ask. The absolute beginner's forum is a good place to start, although it's wise to do a quick search first, to avoid asking the same thing as all the others. :rolleyes:

Belgium, eh? Mmmmm, Chimay...

cvcaelen
December 2nd, 2005, 11:30 AM
Belgium, eh? Mmmmm, Chimay...

from Ghent, I am ;)

thanks for making me feel welcome:mrgreen:

as for now, I'm reading the forums first
and trying the life-cd

Christiaan

danne
December 2nd, 2005, 04:36 PM
from Ghent, I am ;)

and trying the life-cd

Christiaan

hehe welcome to ubuntu mate!
don't worry you'll be very pleased with ubuntu once you've discovered it's possibilities!

`GooZ´
December 6th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Welcome Belgian mate! :) Hope you will like Ubuntu as much as I already do.

glennsouth
October 15th, 2007, 05:39 PM
My naam is glenn, and am living in Geraardsbergen not far from Ghent. I am launching a very big rollout out on refurb units on ver 7.04. But being a MS man for so many years. I am totally lost and have a great job that requires someone to spend some time with me on a weekend that I will feed you, < 5**** chef cooking> entertain you and have a ton of QA's and equipment that is coming from work that I need to get a handle on this quickly. Do you have a local number that you can send privately at my email addy? I have no problems with calling you or vice versa. glennsouth@team-nephthys.com or glennsouth@yahoo.com[/email] as a backup. I need help badly. The codes are so different I am totally lost and have lost several units due to stuipidity from trying dual boot methods.

Feel free to call anytime to setup an appointment after 1400 hours Belgie time and I'll pay your train ticket heen and terug for your help on a given weekend.

I just need to really get a hands on effort to get this program going. Could be a few bucks and free gear in it as well as we are trashing a lot of salvage you could be building as well. Motherboards Peripherals and such.

Thanks
Glenn South

Kingsley
October 15th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Nedernoob or Frenchie?

Just playin!:lolflag:

mips
October 15th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Nedernoob or Frenchie?

Just playin!:lolflag:

I would say Nedernoob ;)

diskotek
October 16th, 2007, 12:10 AM
from Ghent, I am ;)

and trying the life-cd

Christiaan

gent is wonderful place, as i was there for 4-5 days last summer. i hope i will catch 10 days off next summer :D

by the way, i think it's better to post this kind of questions in general help section...

cheers! (with trappist beer)

n3tfury
October 16th, 2007, 12:34 AM
hi.