PDA

View Full Version : How to save & edit scite options?

crazyfuturamanoob
November 12th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Normally, when starting scite, line number display is off, and intend settings use tab.

I want scite to have always line numbers on and using 4 spaces instead of tab, when I start scite.

There are some scite config files but I ain't got an idea how to make line numbers on by default,
or how to change the default intend settings.

Thanks.

loell
November 12th, 2008, 12:52 PM
I too once wonder back then why "show line number" is not persitent. still haven't find an answer to that, i just thought of it as more of a feature.

samjh
November 12th, 2008, 02:08 PM
There are some scite config files but I ain't got an idea how to make line numbers on by default,
or how to change the default intend settings.Run Scite using gtksu.

gksu scite

Then look in the menus for an item called global options (or something to that effect). It will open up the global options configuration file. You can edit the file to set the options to what you want.

It's been a long time since I used Scite, but that's definitely the way to do it if you want to set the options globally.

crazyfuturamanoob
November 12th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Run Scite using gtksu.

gksu scite

Then look in the menus for an item called global options (or something to that effect). It will open up the global options configuration file. You can edit the file to set the options to what you want.

It's been a long time since I used Scite, but that's definitely the way to do it if you want to set the options globally.
Thanks! http://gmc.yoyogames.com/style_emoticons/default/lmaosmiley.gif

Finally, I don't have to always set the line numbers on and edit intend settings when doing something with scite.

And I use scite every day for everything, and I got usually multiple files open with multiple scite windows.

eha1990
April 21st, 2009, 09:32 AM
How do you modify the Scite startup options so that "line numbers" are displayed by default when you open the application?

samjh
April 21st, 2009, 11:22 AM
As I posted above, run Scite using gksu:

gksu scite

In the menu bar, select Global Properties (I'm not sure which heading it's under).

Somewhere around the top third of the configuration options, there should be an option like line.margin.visible. I think it's 0 by default, so set it to 1.

rhalaquist
December 16th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Thanks the key was "gksu"