PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] [SOLVED] Mount --Bind in fstab?

cantdrive55
November 12th, 2008, 05:56 AM
I am trying to get it so that I can automatically mount /media/windows/Documents and Settings/jclifford/My Documents and bind it to /home/jclifford/Documents. I had it setup in my previous install of hardy but I did a clean install of 8.10 today and am stuck on getting it configured again.

I have tried using
/media/windows/Documents\ and\ Settings\jclifford\My\ Documents /home/jclifford/Documents ntfs-3g rw,bind 0 0 but that doesnt work.

I have it setup so that /media/windows mounts automatically at boot already in fstab.

cantdrive55
November 12th, 2008, 06:11 AM
Nevermind, I figured it out.

/media/windows/Documents\040and\040Settings/Jeff/My\040Documents /home/jclifford/Documents none bind 0 0

Found:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=1266239&postcount=4

blackened
November 12th, 2008, 06:30 AM
You can also just surround the string with quotes and it should work to accomodate the spaces.

Denestria
November 12th, 2008, 06:39 AM
You can also just surround the string with quotes and it should work to accomodate the spaces.

You can't do that in fstab. You escape the space with \ then use ascii code for a space like Can't did in the second post. \040

blackened
November 12th, 2008, 07:39 AM
You can't do that in fstab. You escape the space with \ then use ascii code for a space like Can't did in the second post. \040

Oh right. I was thinking of mount.