PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to make WINE or CrossOver work????HELP!!!

windows_killer
November 12th, 2008, 04:15 AM
I am new to Linux (Ubuntu). I installed Ubuntu 10.0 on my laptop. But I need some windows application for my study (Quartus II, Orcad Capture). I was trying to use either WINE or CROSSOVER to install them on my Ubuntu. However, they haven't work well. Anyone is expert in this issue? Please help me!! That is urgent.
Thanks!

ghost_ryder35
November 12th, 2008, 04:21 AM
this website might help you... http://appdb.winehq.org/ ... also there is no Ubuntu 10.0

SunnyRabbiera
November 12th, 2008, 04:21 AM
Ubuntu 10.0?

Where did you download your ubuntu from?

(just making sure you are using the authenic ubuntu)

stmiller
November 12th, 2008, 04:38 AM
I am new to Linux (Ubuntu). I installed Ubuntu 10.0 on my laptop. But I need some windows application for my study (Quartus II, Orcad Capture). I was trying to use either WINE or CROSSOVER to install them on my Ubuntu. However, they haven't work well. Anyone is expert in this issue? Please help me!! That is urgent.
Thanks!

Please search. This has been discussed at length on this forum, as well as all over the internet...

mr.v.
November 12th, 2008, 04:42 AM
probably the guy meant 8.10

LowSky
November 12th, 2008, 04:42 AM
I assume 8.10 other versions are

windows_killer
November 12th, 2008, 06:24 AM
That's right. It's 8.10. I installed some application on it. (IE 6.0, Utorrent 1.6, Orcad Capture Lite 9.2, Quartus II 8.1). Only Utorrent and IE 6.0 work properly, the others don't work. Anyone knows why?

OutOfReach
November 12th, 2008, 06:26 AM
That's right. It's 8.10. I installed some application on it. (IE 6.0, Utorrent 1.6, Orcad Capture Lite 9.2, Quartus II 8.1). Only Utorrent and IE 6.0 work properly, the others don't work. Anyone knows why?

WINE and Crossover are not perfect, they are still constantly being worked on. So they might not have full compatibility with the programs you want to run take a look at the link that ghost_ryder35 posted to see if the programs you want to install will work properly or even at all.

windows_killer
November 12th, 2008, 04:36 PM
this website might help you... http://appdb.winehq.org/ ... also there is no Ubuntu 10.0

I went to the website and search for the Quartus and Orcad, they have them. but not working on my WINE version (1.1.8).

Duck2006
November 12th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I went to the website and search for the Quartus and Orcad, they have them. but not working on my WINE version (1.1.8).

Did the ver of the programs that you have match your ver of the programs that you have?

windows_killer
November 12th, 2008, 04:49 PM
I am trying to install the other version for WINE 1.0.1, but I got the other problem with installation

thangduong@thangduong-laptop:~/Desktop/Downloads/wine-1.0.1$ ./configure
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
checking whether the C compiler works... yes
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of executables...
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking for g++... g++
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for cpp... cpp
checking for the directory containing the Wine tools... $(TOPOBJDIR)
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
checking for X... no
checking for flex... no
configure: error: no suitable flex found. Please install the 'flex' package.
thangduong@thangduong-laptop:~/Desktop/Downloads/wine-1.0.1$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

I can't install via terminal.

windows_killer
November 12th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Did the ver of the programs that you have match your ver of the programs that you have?

there is the different version for WINE, they have version 0.9.2 for Quartus and Orcad. And I have version 1.1.8

Kellemora
November 12th, 2008, 09:44 PM
OK Now, Don't pick on the guy!

Perhaps he's from the Future and they have Time Travel then, so he came back to visit us here.

Since by 2010 the government will have taxed the internet like the Aussies do now, hi hi........

I heard it's 50 bucks for each 1gig of downloads per month.
Hmmmmmmmm........

TTUL
Gary

windows_killer
November 13th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Hey,
you posted wrong place