PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Can't delet files in Trash

captgadget
November 11th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Sorry, could not display all the contents of "Documents": Operation not supported

Also get this error message: Sorry, could not display all the contents of "Documents": Operation not supported

Did gksudo in terminal and get this message: unable to add monitor: Operation not supported

I also get this message in the terminal:--- Hash table keys for warning below:
--> trash:///media%252fdisk-1%252f.Trash-1000%252fcaptgadget/.local/share/Trash/files/Documents.4/Documents
--> trash:///
--> file:///home/captgadget
--> file:///root

(nautilus:8286): Eel-WARNING **: "nautilus-metafile.c: metafiles" hash table still has 4 elements at quit time (keys above)

bumanie
November 11th, 2008, 02:09 PM
This should remove the files from trash. Be aware this will remove them permanently and it will remove all of them, so if there are any files you are not 100% sure about removing, move them or copy them first.

sudo rm -rf /home/yourusername/.local/share/Trash/files/*

captgadget
November 11th, 2008, 02:44 PM
That didn't work. I still have locked files in the trash that won't delete.

Austin17
November 11th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I have 7.10, so you might want to verify the location of your Trash folder, but to do that operation for me the command would be:

sudo rm -rf /home/yourusername/.trash/*

Just substitute "yourusername" with your account's username.

captgadget
November 11th, 2008, 03:17 PM
The files are gone in .local but the problem I'm having are in the trash can in the panel called Trash - file Browser that contains locked files that I can't delete.

philinux
November 11th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Use this.

gksudo nautilusBrowse to the trash files and delete them with nautilus.

captgadget
November 11th, 2008, 04:07 PM
when i do I get this message and I don't know what or how to fix: ** (nautilus:10799): WARNING **: Unable to add monitor: Operation not supported

--- Hash table keys for warning below:
--> file:///root

(nautilus:10799): Eel-WARNING **: "nautilus-metafile.c: metafiles" hash table still has 1 element at quit time (keys above)

(nautilus:10799): Eel-WARNING **: "nautilus-directory.c: directories" hash table still has 1 element at quit time
Shutting down nautilus-share extension
seahorse nautilus module shutdown

philinux
November 11th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Try another method.

http://www.arsgeek.com/2008/08/05/how-to-delete-stuck-folders-and-files-from-your-trash-in-ubuntu/

captgadget
November 11th, 2008, 04:26 PM
That's what I don't understand. Home/.local/share/trash is empty. It's when I open the trash can it gives me files in there that are locked and I can't get to them to remove them.

Thanks for you help.

captgadget
November 11th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Hey, the files in trash - file browser are some of the same files in my home/documents folder. Is there a connection here?

captgadget
November 11th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Don't know whose solution worked but the Trash - File Browser is now empty. I did a restart, checked and it was empty. Did a shut down, checked and it was empty. Did another restart, checked and it's still empty.

Thanks everyone

Jesua
January 12th, 2009, 04:17 PM
This should remove the files from trash. Be aware this will remove them permanently and it will remove all of them, so if there are any files you are not 100% sure about removing, move them or copy them first.

Thanks a lot, it worked... :guitar: