PDA

View Full Version : New advertising media alert

Deo Favente
November 11th, 2008, 04:01 AM
Theres a new form of advertising: games where you "broswe" the web using a 3d avatar! Now theres this one that is advertised alot on facebook but its for ******* only so idk about that but theres a free one where you dont even need to sign up! You can find it at http://www.yoowalk.com/ i just thought id alert you ppl about this new possible advertising media cause in the past new forms of advertising isnt usually expensive and pays off big time later. And the other big site already have a place there. I'm making a place for my little old site and ubuntu is going to be a little feature of it cause i host ubuntu DVD's on my computer, and im also going to provide dl links to my website and ubuntu's but i was also hopeing that ubuntu would at least be aware of this media.

bilal.17
November 11th, 2008, 04:12 AM
i just tried it right now and it seems pretty cool. Would be better if you could add your own sites but i don't think it would replace a regular browser.

Deo Favente
November 12th, 2008, 03:36 AM
of course you can make your own sites, you just need to sign up for a special free account. They even have a fun intuitive WYSIWYG place editor. You can have (as far as i can see) as many rooms you want, as many floors as you want, and u can customize lots of things (alot i havent figured out ohow to do that non-static web page on the wall yet, or music) but unfortunately they don't have a tun of furnature ... in fact they only have 69 separate pre made funature options (with rotations considered). but eventuallly its going to evolve.