PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cannot Write Files to PSP Memory Stick

Mirzab14
November 11th, 2008, 03:06 AM
I've installed Ubuntu only a couple days ago, and currently I am on 8.10. I connected my PSP via USB today to transfer some things to it, and Ubuntu tells me that its a "Read only file system".

How can I change this? I've tried using Properties>permissions, but even this does not work.

How can I use my memorystick to write/delete files,etc?

Thanks in advance.

MrWES
November 11th, 2008, 03:15 AM
Don't sony memsticks have a toggle to write protect the memory? I'm going from memory here...and that's no pun.

Bill

jimmy the saint
November 11th, 2008, 03:19 AM
a lot of sony memory stick technology does not work with linux (at least last time I checked).

Mirzab14
November 11th, 2008, 03:25 AM
I dont see why it wouldn't work. Its just a normal 1GB Sony Memorystick.

fatphilthethird
November 11th, 2008, 11:09 AM
a lot of sony memory stick technology does not work with linux (at least last time I checked).

My Sony pro duo memory card works fine, through both a usb connected psp and with the card in an external reader.

As MrWES says, can you confirm the card isn't switched to read only? Can you access the card from a windows machine?

MrWES
November 11th, 2008, 09:26 PM
My Sony pro duo memory card works fine, through both a usb connected psp and with the card in an external reader.

As MrWES says, can you confirm the card isn't switched to read only? Can you access the card from a windows machine?

Write Protection Switch

Some memory cards are having a write protection switch integrated on the side or on the back of the memory card for preventing the content from being erased or overwritten by accident, just like floppy disks. Both SD Memory Card and xD-Picture Card have their write protection switch on the side of the memory card in contrast to the Memory Stick PRO and some Memory Stick Duo that have their switch on the back.

crazyfuturamanoob
January 20th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Actually I had the same problem but when I formatted the memory stick on PSP, problem solved.

Never press OK for "empty trash on PSP?" queries, they make these problems.