PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Epson Printing Issues Since Updating to Ibex...

VitalBodies
November 11th, 2008, 02:13 AM
NEWS: Updates fixed this problem although we had to delete and add a new driver. Rebooting helped also. This was very easy.

Epson Printing Issues Since Updating to Ibex:

In trying to print to an Epson CX7400 color inkjet using USB we get an errors saying "Specified ColorSpace is not supported". The ColorSpace is set to CMYK which is correct. Tried a few other ColorSpaces and got the same error. Tried printing from from two different computers and had the same odd results. We have tried printing the driver TEST PAGE, a PDF, from OpenOffice and from Inkscape.
Has anyone else seen this problem?

This problem happened after updating to Ibex.

The printer worked before that on both computers.

Anal
November 11th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Same problem with another Epson, even if completely different: model Stylus Photo 890, connected on the serial port.

I got precisely the same error message and I can't get over it. Should we perhaps file a bug?

VitalBodies
November 12th, 2008, 04:39 AM
Ya know, I am not even sure how or where to submit a bug.
I figured I would just let the issue go for a day or two and see if by doing updates it resolved itself. Have not checked yet today but can not do business (shipping) without a printer.

Mentioned the issue in a write-up about Ibex on my blog but no comments yet.

Any luck on your side?

VitalBodies
November 13th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Well, the new updates solved the problem. Thanks to the teams that make this all possible and work.

Anal
November 13th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Oh, really? Are those today's updates? I'll check this very evening.

Thank you for notifying me that.

Anal
November 15th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Nothing changed here. I still can't print.