PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] package not configured at install : how to fix this ?

Browser_ice
November 10th, 2008, 09:57 PM
I just re-installed Ubuntu 8.04 because of an update mess up yesterday that caused instability. After the install, I did an update and it fetched 170 something packages. When it was installing those packages, at the time it was installing the generic kernel one (don't recall if its the Ubuntu one) it asked me what to do with the 2 versions of menu.lst found (on grub and one a temp somewhere), at that point I accidently hit cancel. So it went ahead but said it did not configure it.

At the end of it all, it told me it found some errors and asked me again about the menu.lst. I clicked yes to keep the local one. But after that it poped up a window with a list of 6-8 packages that were not configured. I tried doing a copy/paste of it but it did not seam to have copied it to the clipboard.

So as a result, I have packages that did not get configured and I do not know which ones.

How do I fix this ? I haven't rebooted yet.

Browser_ice
November 10th, 2008, 10:13 PM
I went into the Synaptic Package Manager to list all installed packages and marked for re-installation all the linux packages it installed (the ones about kernal, image and generic).

Upon applying this, it re-installed them but nothing poped up about the menu.lst different versions. Weird !

So I have no clue if this fixed it. I still haven't rebooted yet.