PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Evolution Exchange freezes my computer

cnkbrown
November 10th, 2008, 09:24 PM
I've been using evolution with exchange for a while. I noticed under Heron that when creating a new email message, Evolution would take a nice long nap after I entered the first recipients address in the To: field. No problem, I'd go do other work until it came back.

Now, under Ibex, Evolution completely freezes the computer, and I am unable to do anything else in any other windows. Most times, it will come back eventually, a couple of times, I've had to force a reboot using the power button.

Any advice on getting this working properly?

cnkbrown
November 18th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Does anyone know how to remove the exchange data files, so I can 'start fresh'? i tried removing the ~/.evolution directory, but that didn't do it.

drunkncrew
September 5th, 2009, 07:09 PM
I've been using evolution with exchange for a while. I noticed under Heron that when creating a new email message, Evolution would take a nice long nap after I entered the first recipients address in the To: field. No problem, I'd go do other work until it came back.

Now, under Ibex, Evolution completely freezes the computer, and I am unable to do anything else in any other windows. Most times, it will come back eventually, a couple of times, I've had to force a reboot using the power button.

Any advice on getting this working properly?

I'm having the same problem with Evolution on my exchange account. After I enter in my password Evolution will freeze up for quite some time. It finally comes out of it but not for 10minutes. Is there something that can be done for this? Thanks in advance for any help.