PDA

View Full Version : Jay Freeman successfully ports Debian for Android

plb
November 10th, 2008, 05:13 PM
http://androidcommunity.com/jay-freeman-successfully-ports-debian-for-android-20081109/

smartboyathome
November 10th, 2008, 05:16 PM
I've been waiting for this, it was only a matter of time. But now that Android has Debian, it will be time to get E17 on it since E17 has that compact mode for stuff like phones. ;)

jeyaganesh
November 10th, 2008, 05:58 PM
What about doing something like this in Nokia N95?

jeyaganesh
November 10th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Anybody going to install Ubuntu on G1?

robertsaron
November 29th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Using my brand new Google phone on T-Mobile, I installed an SSH program so I can now connect to my computer at home. Is there a way to run a very basic gui through SSH on a phone like the G1?

This would be way cool for admins, if i were one. If nothing else it would be cool for the geek factor :)

Is it possible to run Ubuntu on the Android? What happens to the Android OS on the phone?

rakan_dr
November 29th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Using my brand new Google phone on T-Mobile, I installed an SSH program so I can now connect to my computer at home. Is there a way to run a very basic gui through SSH on a phone like the G1?

This would be way cool for admins, if i were one. If nothing else it would be cool for the geek factor :)

Is it possible to run Ubuntu on the Android? What happens to the Android OS on the phone?

same question