Screen Shot in attachment !

F u s i o n
November 9th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Please, I need fast help !

overdrank
November 9th, 2008, 01:57 PM
But I have a problem !
Screen Shot in attachment !

I assume you are installing in windows, you may try what the error message states and remove the trial version.

F u s i o n
November 10th, 2008, 07:24 AM
I am installing in Wine and i haven't Windows (I am not new in that)

F u s i o n
November 11th, 2008, 08:51 AM
can someone please help me ?!

cuby
November 11th, 2008, 02:58 PM
I seriously doubt that visual studio 2005 will run in wine.
Install virtualbox, put windows xp on it and then install VS 2005.
In this case I think virtualization is the way to go.

F u s i o n
November 12th, 2008, 07:11 AM
maybe any other programs you can preffer for me to programming like in Visual Basic on Linux ???:confused:

user-max
November 12th, 2008, 07:29 AM
maybe any other programs you can preffer for me to programming like in Visual Basic on Linux ???:confused:

I have both VB6 and VS2008 running in Virtual Box.
Here's my setup.
Ubuntu 8.10, then I installed Sun xVM VirtualBox, then I installed XP service pack 2 with Framework up to 3.5 and then I installed VB6 and VS 2008. Both working great without errors.

MAKE SURE, that you DO NOT install Virtual Box from repositories. Install it from this link: http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads

and MAKE SURE that you install the correct version for your linux distro, NOT your CPU. Eg. I have amd 64 CPUs but that version wouldnt install on my Ubuntu distro.

PS >> I do not imagine there to be any alternatives to program in object oriented windows type language, however, you might want to check out KDevelop.

Run into any problems let us know:)

F u s i o n
November 12th, 2008, 10:53 AM
I have both VB6 and VS2008 running in Virtual Box.
Here's my setup.
Ubuntu 8.10, then I installed Sun xVM VirtualBox, then I installed XP service pack 2 with Framework up to 3.5 and then I installed VB6 and VS 2008. Both working great without errors.

MAKE SURE, that you DO NOT install Virtual Box from repositories. Install it from this link: http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads

and MAKE SURE that you install the correct version for your linux distro, NOT your CPU. Eg. I have amd 64 CPUs but that version wouldnt install on my Ubuntu distro.

PS >> I do not imagine there to be any alternatives to program in object oriented windows type language, however, you might want to check out KDevelop.

Run into any problems let us know:)

How can i trust you if you have only 9 posts ?!
Can someone please check this ?

cuby
November 12th, 2008, 12:57 PM
He's right.
The version in the repositories is the OSS (open source) version, and it doesn't have a bunch of useful features like USB support.

There are a lot of IDEs for linux, but the right one depends on the language you want to use...

overdrank
November 12th, 2008, 02:20 PM

Hi and post counts has nothing to do with the information given. You can research the info given by the user and make your own decision while waiting for conformation from other members of the forum. :)

user-max
November 12th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Thank you Cuby and Overdrank

Attached is a screen shot of my set-up.

PS, don't worry, its not photo-shopped:)

F u s i o n
November 15th, 2008, 03:03 AM
ok thx 4 all T/C

user-max
November 15th, 2008, 06:58 PM
did you get it working?