PDA

View Full Version : Infraction Error

Frak
November 9th, 2008, 05:51 AM
Rocket2DMn made a crucial mistake in giving me an infraction.

QUOTE=Rocket2DMn]TBH, if we can't tell by reading your post and the post it is responding to, and clearly be able to see that it is a joke, then it is not appropriate. We can't go through and read complete threads, or try to "read between the lines" every time a post is reported. By now, you know this. If you wish to argue this infraction, please take it up in the Resolution Center. Thank you.

You are dearly mistaken. Ask handy and you'll be treated to know that this was all in great humor.

I'm sorry that you didn't tend to ask or read, and I pity that, but it's what I've come to expect here.

Dear Frak,

You have received an infraction at Ubuntu Forums.

Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)
-------
Come on man, you've been through this enough to know that, though seemingly harmless, these types of posts are not put up with around here. You didn't even make an attempt to put forth an opinion or argument.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
[quote][QUOTE=handy;6134995]You sound like an anti-elitist elitist! :lolflag:

Freedom of choice is great, providing people choose what I think they should choose! :confused:

Sometimes we learn to be more tolerant of other people's choices, (it often comes with age).

What is the problem with someone doing or buying something that you wouldn't yourself? Apart from all of the many & varied side effects of the overpopulated consumer based condition that humanity finds itself in of course.

It matters not how much we think we know about anything, there is always a more educated point of view that will nullify all value in what we hold dear.

I find it interesting how easy it is for people to typecast others due to what products they use, wear, drive, listen to music through, contact people via, where they live, what religious views they have, what colour skin they got born with, which language they speak...

Chauvinism is one of humanities biggest flaws, as it divides us, when tolerance & unity is what will heal us.
You're a weenie.

As said before in this post, it was great humor for which this came. To keep the discussion from becoming to serious (you made the rules forums, keep them or remove them) I tried to make a joke, for which you took yourselves and made the cliché` drama queen once again. It's one thing to accuse a man of committing his crime, it is another to draw that from an out-of-context situation.

Thank you for removing the infraction.

Rocket2DMn
November 9th, 2008, 05:54 AM
For the council/admin: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=976041

Frak
November 9th, 2008, 05:56 AM
For the council/admin: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=976041
Council/Admin

Please read the last post before that, and contact handy. You will find that we go through humor like this constantly. I never mean it out of spite, and find name-calling childish. If I were really trying to stir up flames, I would surely try to evade the filter. This has to be common suspicion.

This is the second time I've been quoted out of context, and it's depressing.

KiwiNZ
November 9th, 2008, 05:57 AM
You gave no indication in your post that it was a joke . In the cold emotionless internet it is very hard to determine intent.

If you had used smilies or the j/k abbreviation it would have gone a long way to show intent. Without smilies etc the staff have to go by the words written.

Frak
November 9th, 2008, 05:58 AM
You are monsters.

KiwiNZ
November 9th, 2008, 05:58 AM
I will look at the past history and come back as soon as I can

KiwiNZ
November 9th, 2008, 05:59 AM
You are monsters.

No we are dragons :D

Frak
November 9th, 2008, 06:00 AM
No we are dragons :D
Why are users never allowed to review posts nor give their opinion. For all the reason given, I'm the ogre cast aside.

This is not fair justice!

KiwiNZ
November 9th, 2008, 06:01 AM
I am looking at this , I will come back soon

KiwiNZ
November 9th, 2008, 06:11 AM
OK after looking at some history and interaction I am prepared to accept that no ill will was intended in the post.

I do think that in future you add smilies etc to your posts to avoid misunderstanding.

I am going to reverse the infraction