PDA

View Full Version : Continuum - 2D Space Shooter

Gannon8
November 9th, 2008, 03:48 AM
Best. Game. EVER.

Anyway, Continuum (also called "subspace") is a top down, 2D MMO Space Shooter. In the game, you have 8 ships: Warbird, Javelin, Spider, Leviathan, Terrier, Weasel, Lancaster, and Shark. When you start playing, you connect to a "Zone", or a server, and put in your selected ships. The ship's stats are set by the server.

In the game, you run around in your ship (usually) killing people. You are usually separated into teams, called frequencies (or freq for short). Some zones have "flags", which either stay in place and are claimed by a frequency, or are picked up and dropped in bases. Some zones have a "powerball" that your ship can pick up and throw into goals. Usually, while running around, you can pick up prizes, called "greens" (because that is their color) that upgrade your ship with various weapons.

You have 2 main weapons and several other weapons/utilities. Your two main ones are guns and bombs. Guns are rapid fire, and have a triggered multifire and bounce that you can get by picking up greens. The other is the much more powerful bomb, which can be upgraded to have shrapnel and a proximity fuse. There is also a per-ship setting that states how many times the bomb bounces off of walls.

The other weapons are:

Burst- Sends powerful bullets in each direction, but they only come active after hitting a wall.
Repel- Forces bullets, bombs, and enemy ships away from you.
Decoy- Drops a fake player that inherits your velocity.
Brick- Drops a wall that acts like a clear space for teammates and a wall for enemies.
Thor's Hammer- A bomb that goes through walls and has a large proximity radius.
Rocket- Propels your ship very fast.
Portal- After setting it, you can warp.

The utilities are:

Cloak- Enemies cannot see you on the screen.
Stealth- Enemies cannot see you on the radar.
X-Radar- Allows you to see cloaked/stealthed enemies.
Antiwarp- Prevents enemies from warping or using portals.

Get the client from http://www.getcontinuum.com . I play as LinuxUser under the zone "Extreme Games" if you want to contact me. There are some instructions that can make it work with Linux under Wine ( But the nvidia driver screws up my monitor so I get a bad framerate :( )

Gannon8
November 9th, 2008, 03:50 AM
Oops, double post :D