PDA

View Full Version : Which do you think would be the best 9.0x for 9.04?

Hyper Tails
November 9th, 2008, 01:30 AM
I think 9.06 would be the best because dapper drake's end of life is on june 2009 so I think It would fit in best :)

doorknob60
November 9th, 2008, 02:04 AM
9.04, why not? It gives Dapper users two months to upgrade before Dapper's support ends. Ubuntu is supposed to be released every 6 months, Dapper was an exception due to it simply not being ready (I believe), but we shouldn't change the release schedule again unless we really have to.

tvtech
November 9th, 2008, 02:08 AM
doorknob60
Re: Which do you think would be the best 9.0x for 9.04?
9.04, why not? It gives Dapper users two months to upgrade before Dapper's support ends. Ubuntu is supposed to be released every 6 months, Dapper was an exception due to it simply not being ready (I believe), but we shouldn't change the release schedule again unless we really have to.

I second that. lets not kick the release date unless it's relevant like... they decide to put serious cash into wine and want to install it by default thus giving them 100% compatibility to all windows programs. the legality be damned!

Sephoroth
November 9th, 2008, 02:17 AM
*Votes only to tie the poll*

I don't see the point in waiting 2 extra months unless there is some major problem preventing important releases outside of Ubuntu (e.g. GNOME development falls behind) or unless Ubuntu devs wish to perfect a major change (e.g. a UI overhall or as already mentioned, the inclusion of a perfected WINE :D).

Hyper Tails
November 9th, 2008, 03:32 AM
I just liked to ask what did you think 9.04 was going to be at first?