PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] [SOLVED] I easily got a CNN live bookmark on my toolbar, but the BBC is another story

Chris Edgell
November 8th, 2008, 09:33 PM
The first being quick and easy, was surprised to get to the BBC home page and I somehow was taken along a path that told me I had to install some plug-in(s) to watch the videos. I was offered a list of options, the first of which was Adobe. I wasn't comfortable jumping into any installations; as I continued to click around, it was suggested that I install ask.com for Foxfire. Can anyone clear up this subject of plug-ins for videos. Thanks

asgard_command
November 8th, 2008, 09:42 PM
From my experience the BBC uses either flash or real player for its videos. Check you have the firefox plugins installed for them.

Chris Edgell
November 9th, 2008, 12:23 AM
I shouldn't have started with this second point, my brain is exhausted. But still I'll say,I do have xubuntu and it is, I just read, for small capacity computers. That's why I get afraid to start with installs, if someone tells me, it's not that "big", just go ahead, I might just give it a try. But not tonight. I'm outta' here but would still appreciate any other feedback before I tackle the problem again tomorrow. Thanks!

Chris Edgell
November 10th, 2008, 03:32 AM
Okay, okay. I pushed the button that said "install what you need to play"--and now I play. I don't know how much space I may have used but everything seems to be working.