PDA

View Full Version : monodevelop: missing toolbox items on asp.net page

MikeEvans
November 8th, 2008, 07:52 PM
First time attempting to use monodevelop and still learning asp basics. I installed MD from Ubuntu(Intrepid) repositories. Created new asp.net solution. My understanding is there is no visual view like VS has but I can still drag page elements from the toolbox into the code, but there is a problem. The toolbox is empty. If I click the add to toolbox button I get a big list of all the familiar elements. I put checks next to a few basic ones and click okay but the toolbox is still empty. Restarting doesn't help. If I code them by hand and run the solution everything works fine. All the screenshots I've seen of monodevelop show a toolbox full of elements. I've been considering installing md2 alpha to see if it works there. Any ideas on why I don't see the toolbox items?

yaantbarb
December 3rd, 2008, 02:56 PM
Hi Mike,

I have run into the same issue and wondered whether you'd managed to find a solution yet?

Cheers

MikeEvans
December 3rd, 2008, 04:00 PM
No luck yet. I was going to post the question on the monodevelop forums but never got around to it. I run XP in virtual box and practice coding in visual studio express. If I get it working I'll post back.

yaantbarb
December 3rd, 2008, 04:32 PM
Likewise, i'm determined to get it working as i'm reluctant to go down the virtual machine route

Cheers