PDA

View Full Version : Problem loading 3D Model

endless_dark
November 8th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Hello everybody! I'm coding a 3D image & sound application using a Nintendo's Wiimte for my university.

I've made every basic thing and it's working so now I want to improve some details and one of these is changing the box that represents the wiimote. I have downloaded a wiimote .obj model and the GLM library to load it, I'm also using OpenGL OpenAL and GLUT.

To install de GLM I've downloaded the sources, and made a ./configure,make and make install so I suppose it's installed.

Now time for the makefile. I've added -lglm to the LFLAGS section.

And finally in my code I've added these lines:

#include <glm.h>
GLMmodel *wiimodel;
wiimodel = glmReadOBJ("wiimote.obj");

I think it should work but I recieve this error

trackingdemo.o: In function `TrackingDemoInit()':
/home/myuser/Desktop/wiimote3Dsound/trackingdemo.cpp:177: undefined reference to `glmReadOBJ'

:confused:
Some points I don't understand: This error says something like the glm isn't right installed or linked?
And, if is that's the problem, why I'm not gettig an error in the GLMmodel *wiimodel declaration?

Help will be apreciated!
Thank you!

WW
November 8th, 2008, 06:20 PM
When you installed glm, did you notice where it was installed? If you compiled it from source, the usual place would be /usr/local/lib, in which case you may have to also add the option -L/usr/local/lib to LDFLAGS.

endless_dark
November 8th, 2008, 09:50 PM
When you installed glm, did you notice where it was installed? If you compiled it from source, the usual place would be /usr/local/lib, in which case you may have to also add the option -L/usr/local/lib to LDFLAGS.

Thank you for answering me, but sadly didn't worked. Here is my Makefile:

# trackingdemo Makefile

CC = g++
CFLAGS = -g -W -Wall -Wno-unused -O2
LDFLAGS= -L/usr/local/lib
LFLAGS = -lcwiid -lGL -lbluetooth -lm -lglut -lalut -lglm

V = @

all: trackingdemo

trackingdemo.o: trackingdemo.cpp
@echo + cc trackingdemo.cpp
$(V)$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c trackingdemo.cpp

wiiheadtracking.o: wiiheadtracking.cpp
@echo + cc wiiheadtracking.cpp
$(V)$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c wiiheadtracking.cpp

trackingdemo: trackingdemo.o wiiheadtracking.o
@echo + link main
$(V)$(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(LFLAGS) -o $@ trackingdemo.o wiiheadtracking.o

clean:
@echo + clean
$(V)rm -rf *.o trackingdemo

WW
November 9th, 2008, 02:18 AM
Oops. Add the -L option to the same macro to which you add the -l options. In this case, you used LFLAGS, but this macro is traditionally called LDFLAGS.