PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems when Ubuntu loads into desktop. Please Help.

Rolandridgeback
November 8th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Hello,

I have a problem I have tried to resolve for about 10 hours now and I've hit a brick wall. I'm reasonably new to Linux and still have plenty of learning to do but this problem is beyond my beginner skills.

Its hard to describe but I will give it a shot. First off my hardware, I'm running:

Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H Motherboard
Onboard ATI HD3200 Graphics Card
AMD Athlon 6000 CPU

Here goes, my Ubuntu loads fine, until its about to go into the desktop then it says "ubuntu must run in low resolution", it loads into desktop, the colours are all fine, but about 5-10 seconds after the desktop appears and things are still loading like the network connection etc the colours all change from normal to this out of contrast like colour scheme (Ive had a few problems the last few weeks with my HD3200 ATI onboard card. The pics below are as follows.

HTPC1 is a printscreen picture from the htpc but that looks fine, where as it didnt actually on the screen.
HTPC2 is a picture I took with my camera, its not the most clear picture but hopefully it gives you an idea.
HTPC3 is what it looks like after i reinstalled the gnome desktop

Its as though there is extra blue in every colour on the desktop, and due to this XBMC won't load.

Its hard to explain but I am really struggling with this, I have all my media on my htpc as well as my blu-ray drive and thus really need to get it working.

I really appreaciate any help.

Regards

Sniffer
November 8th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Creepy.

Did you try to install just for testing a graphic card (AGP or PCIE, what your pc support), maybe your onboard graphic card is damage....

Sniff

Rolandridgeback
November 8th, 2008, 05:20 PM
The GFX card is onboard, I'm pretty sure its something to do with the fglrx and gnome desktop manager, but not sure what.