PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] restarting after minimzing

jesse c
November 8th, 2008, 03:01 AM
i just upgraded to ibex from hardy.I havnt fixed nvidia yet so im working in low graphics mode.I have two other problems that are causing me immediate problems.In hardy i had awn enabled and worked from a mac style icon bar at the bottom of screen where i could start and stop programs,now i work from the 'applications' bar and start,lets say,firefox.Now if i link onto another page it comes up underneath firefox(thats prob#1),now to view that page i have to minimize firefox and it disappears.I can now read the hidden page and when im done i cancel it but there is no icon to unminimize firefox,if i go back to applications and restart it tells me firefox is already running and i must quit the first firefox or restart the computer.Since there is no icon to restart or quit i end up restarting the whole computer(prob #2).i used firefox as an example but it the same with everything i minimize.How do i bring things back up?
thanks JESSE C

jesse c
November 10th, 2008, 01:25 PM
i did manage to find a fix for the new windows coming up underneath the open ones.I right clicked on empty spot on upper tool bar and found applet that adds a icon in top toolbar to bring up open windows.This isnt the way i had it in Hardy but will work till Nvidia is fixed.