PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No ADSL in Ubuntu 8.10 into Windows Vista for laptop

Jayhawker
November 7th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Wifi throungh Ubuntu 8.10 into Windows Vista detects all sort of routers except mine. When trying Wired Network nothing happens: no way to browse. I am told to install ndiswrapper but I don't know, once the folder at hand, how to install it. Please, if there is some sort of terminal needed, can you say to me what I must write in order to install it finally. Please, can you say to me how to avoid any "root" keys question, which is more frequent than wanted?

Thanks

petermck
November 7th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Try posting some info about what hardware you have. Especially what wifi card and driver is in your PC/laptop and the make/model of your router.

Jayhawker
November 7th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Try posting some info about what hardware you have. Especially what wifi card and driver is in your PC/laptop and the make/model of your router.

All can I say it's a laptop HP Pavillion DV 6000 and WIfi comes with it. I think it's a much common Wifi 802.11g. Router is a Comtrend Model CT 536+

Hope this helps.

Jayhawker
November 7th, 2008, 09:29 PM
All can I say it's a laptop HP Pavillion DV 6000 and WIfi comes with it. I think it's a much common Wifi 802.11g. Router is a Comtrend Model CT 536+

Hope this helps.

Still interested in a solution

Jayhawker
November 8th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Please