PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Revolution to be unveiled on May 9, 2006

bored2k
December 1st, 2005, 05:38 AM
Nintendo will take the wraps off the next-generation console at its press briefing before next year's E3 expo.

During its pre-E3 press conference in May, Nintendo disappointed many by revealing little about the Revolution. Other than showing off a mock-up of the console form factor and announcing the console would play NES, SNES, N64, and GameCube games, the game giant revealed little about the next-generation console. In the months since, it has let a few details about the Revolution trickle out, the most significant being pictures of its much-vaunted controller--which has been much-derided for its resemblance to a TV remote control.

Today, though, gamers got a definite date when Nintendo will absolutely, positively reveal the Revolution in all its glory. The Mario factory sent out a "save the date" e-mail this morning saying that in "a mere 165 days to go (give or take)" it will reveal "all the incredible details about Nintendo's upcoming games and hardware, including our next home console, code-named Revolution."

So when will be the Revolution's coming-out party? Unsurprisingly, it will be at next year's E3. Specifically, the console will be unveiled at Nintendo's pre-E3 press event, which is slated for 9:30 a.m. Pacific time on May 9, 2006. The venue will be the Kodak Theatre--home of the Academy Awards--in Hollywood, California.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6140464.html

Finally, some concrete info on it.

kairu0
December 1st, 2005, 06:57 AM
Anyone want to make any predictions about how the Xbox 360 and Nintendo Revolution will balance out?

benplaut
December 1st, 2005, 07:48 AM
Anyone want to make any predictions about how the Xbox 360 and Nintendo Revolution will balance out?

xbox will p0wn in graphics, rev will p0wn in gameplay

somuchfortheafter
December 1st, 2005, 09:39 AM
ps3 owns market also

tom-ubuntu
December 1st, 2005, 12:13 PM
Xbox360 and PS3 will fight each other to be the marketleader, Revolution will be the 2nd console for everybody :) Go, Nintendo, go! Give us some new innovative games. Not the usual "******** 2006" games with ultra-mega-giga-elite-gfx-effects.

akiro.yamamoto
December 1st, 2005, 12:55 PM
As an aside it seem that M$ has gone through quite alot of trouble to keep linux from being installed on their Oh So Precious X360 computer ahhhh I mean Gaming Console (YEAH Right) :smile:
Check this out ......
http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000013069965/
Now That's funny :smile:

wishyjr
December 1st, 2005, 02:58 PM
ps3 owns market also
tsk tsk, thats like saying that windows owns the market! - you should know better ;)

jyank
December 1st, 2005, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I read about this earlier, just wish it would come sooner than that. If they're showing it then, pretty much states a release for late 06 (similar to the 360 this year, at E3 they showed a almost-final console and told us everything about it, had playable demos etc) which means it's probably going to the be last one released, not very good if nintendo wanted to gain some ground in the console race, but whatever, it's probably going to the be only next-gen console I get

raublekick
December 1st, 2005, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I read about this earlier, just wish it would come sooner than that. If they're showing it then, pretty much states a release for late 06 (similar to the 360 this year, at E3 they showed a almost-final console and told us everything about it, had playable demos etc) which means it's probably going to the be last one released, not very good if nintendo wanted to gain some ground in the console race, but whatever, it's probably going to the be only next-gen console I get

the ps3 is slated for a 2007 release, isn't it? i'm pretty sure revolution will be released before the ps3.

i can't wait for it. the DS has been my most played "system" since i got it, and i never really liked my GBA. sooo much fun.

Brunellus
December 1st, 2005, 04:37 PM
*Cringes*

And now, let the console fanboy flamewars begin (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/11/03).

BWF89
December 1st, 2005, 04:45 PM
Revolution is going to be my first next gen console.

jyank
December 1st, 2005, 05:08 PM
the ps3 is slated for a 2007 release, isn't it? i'm pretty sure revolution will be released before the ps3.

i can't wait for it. the DS has been my most played "system" since i got it, and i never really liked my GBA. sooo much fun.

Hmm, I thought the ps3 was for mid-late 2006 as well, i might be wrong.

But, I agree, I'm loving my DS right now. Mario Kart DS + Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time + Animal Crossing: Wild World next week = i'm set for a while

bored2k
December 1st, 2005, 05:24 PM
Ever since the original Nintendo console, the sales for each N-console has sold less than the previous one. I don't expect this to change. Simply put, although they have some cool ideas, they like to experiment and CHANGE too much of the way things are done. Besides that, nowadays they barely have any Nintendo-only game that sells like crazy (besides Zelda, Mario and maybe a couple more). Sony? they have a ton. Microsoft? Halo.. need I say more?

I expect the ranking to stay the same (1. Sony 2. MS 3. Nintendo) with the difference that MS will be in not.as.distant number 2 spot.

otake-tux
December 1st, 2005, 06:46 PM
I dont care who sells the most console as long as I get my nintendo fix.

by the way, things could change at least on the first person shooter genre on the revolution. the controller is ideal for that type of game.

mrtaber
December 1st, 2005, 06:57 PM
The hardware looks cool, and the new controller is intriguing. I, for one, can live with less impressive specs, for some creative gameplay. Not to mention, the nice size. If they price it right, and it delivers some great games, I can see it being wildly successful, as a second console for most, and as the only console for grumpy old men like myself :D

Mark

Brunellus
December 1st, 2005, 07:28 PM
I dont care who sells the most console as long as I get my nintendo fix.

by the way, things could change at least on the first person shooter genre on the revolution. the controller is ideal for that type of game.
Yeah. Hopefully Nintendo will attract some grownup development. They seem to focus very intensely on the 8-16 age range.

kairu0
December 2nd, 2005, 02:04 AM
As an aside it seem that M$ has gone through quite alot of trouble to keep linux from being installed on their Oh So Precious X360 computer ahhhh I mean Gaming Console (YEAH Right)

Thanks, Microsoft! (especially since I was so wanting to pay 400$ for a green VCR box.