PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 8.10 Server w/apache2 not parsing php?

bobmct
November 7th, 2008, 10:54 AM
As the subject states. I've added the loading of the php5 module and enaled the mime-type and restarted apache. Still no parsing.

Can someone please advise how to get this going? As with my 8.03 server edition, I thought this was supposed to be an install and go LAMP server?

Ideas? Thanks - B :confused:

thammonddoel
December 12th, 2008, 03:49 PM
This seems like as a good a place as any to second this concern and whimper for help. I did a fresh install of 8.10, set a static IP, added "ServerName localhost" into apache2.conf to quiet the FQDN squawks, then started LAMP installation.

First installed Apache2. "It Works" comes up no problem.
Next, installed PHP5 (including cgi) and modified the DirectoryIndex in apache2/mods-available/dir.conf to put index.php first (this was after trying to place a DirectoryIndex entry into apache.conf and believing it is overridden by dir.conf).

Restart Apache.

I created a file called testphp.php with the entry < ?php phpinfo(); ?> as the only line in the file.

Used both the FireFox and Konqueror browsers (after cleaning the cache, history and EVERYTHING), and Apache2 still loads the file instead of parsing the php. This is all I see:

< ?php phpinfo(); ?>

Help getting Apache2 to actually parse PHP would be most gratefully and humbly (which is hard for me) appreciated.