PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation Problems - Neewb

bb6642
November 7th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Hi.
Here is the situation: I downloaded Ubuntu. Burned to disk. Started the installation to a second 80 GIG hard drive using Wubi in Vista. Everything goes fine until I reboot to Ubuntu to continue the installation. I reach the GRUB multi-boot menu, choose Ubuntu, and... here is where any number of issues comes up: Sometimes GRUB will not recognize my wireless keyboard (sometimes it does... there does not seem to be any consistency as to why it recognizes my wireless keyboard and why it sometimes does not). I have an extra wired keyboard, so to get over that problem I have used that to choose Ubuntu. Then it will go to either the Ubuntu boot screen for a few seconds or straight to what looks like a DOS boot where it goes through various aspects of my system, checking if each component is functional, which they are.
It always stops at Bluetooth, something I do not have on my system... and that's it. It doesn't move from that point.
I apologize in advance if my description is not as detailed as probably would be necessary; the whole thing goes by very quickly before stalling. I have used Ubuntu Hardy in the past with no problem - this is the first time I have had issues isntalling Ubuntu...

Oh, I have tried booting to the Live disk and the same problems occur. It goes to the DOS-like screen and stops at Bluetooth.

I have AMD Athalon 3500+ 2.20 GHz, 1.50 RAM, ATI X1300 card with 256 RAM, running Vista Premium on a 250 Gig Hard drive and a secondary 80 GIG hard drive that is currently empty.